G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: I just bought a LMT MWS 6.5 CM barrel

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    9,035
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I took out the 6.5 today and tried shooting it without a can, it ran like a top with Am gunner 140 BTHP. I then put the can on and shot 20 rounds of Match Hornady 143 ELD X bullets and they ran perfect. I was very encouraged because I have a 500 of such bullets. Maybe the tip makes the difference?? I hope so.

    PB
    Watch the ELD-X and ELD-M for dropped primers when suppressed (area of 1 in 50-100).
    I've had really good result with them in the accuracy department, but the primer seating seems to be biased toward less violent ejection.
    Jack Leuba
    Director, Military and Government Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

    Director of Training

    FB@ Facebook.com/F2SConsultingLLC
    As accurate as needed, as fast as possible, as many times as it takes.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,252
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Watch the ELD-X and ELD-M for dropped primers when suppressed (area of 1 in 50-100).
    I've had really good result with them in the accuracy department, but the primer seating seems to be biased toward less violent ejection.
    I will keep and eye out but we have not had any primers popped in the LMT firecracker. I really dont want that PITA popping up in 1-100. Thanks for heads up.

    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    9,035
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I will keep and eye out but we have not had any primers popped in the LMT firecracker. I really dont want that PITA popping up in 1-100. Thanks for heads up.
    It's an ammo factor, not a gun factor.
    Not popped primers, but dropped or lost primers.
    Not an issue of high pressure, just an issue of them getting knocked out from the force of the case hitting the ejection port/brass deflector and light staking/low retention force on the primer.
    Jack Leuba
    Director, Military and Government Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

    Director of Training

    FB@ Facebook.com/F2SConsultingLLC
    As accurate as needed, as fast as possible, as many times as it takes.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,252
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    It's an ammo factor, not a gun factor.
    Not popped primers, but dropped or lost primers.
    Not an issue of high pressure, just an issue of them getting knocked out from the force of the case hitting the ejection port/brass deflector and light staking/low retention force on the primer.
    Very interesting. I have a friend that puts a small piece of velcro on his guns, I might do the same. If this is the case, would the primers ever find their way back into the action? Or does it help the reloading process...

    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    255
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    It's an ammo factor, not a gun factor.
    Not popped primers, but dropped or lost primers.
    Not an issue of high pressure, just an issue of them getting knocked out from the force of the case hitting the ejection port/brass deflector and light staking/low retention force on the primer.

    That's interesting. The last Hornady match ammo I had appeared to have the primers crimped and I had to decrimp the brass before reloading. I wonder if they changed due to this issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •