Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Voter Fraud

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I never had to show a B.C. to get my license. However, my state is working towards being RealId compliant and all of my kids have had to show their B.C. to get a license. If I want a compliant licence I will have to as well. I just have a passport card, so I'm good to go regardless.

I voted today. I had to show ID and they compared my signature on the ID to my signing for my ballot.
    When we got our licences, we all likely took Drivers Education at school. The school had a good idea based on your BC and other documents as to your citizenship status.
    Plus it wasn't such an overwhelming issue back then.
    Had we only taken it more seriously then.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    You can be a Permanent Resident (Green card) and purchase a firearm. In Alaska you can also have a CCW license. You cannot, however, vote in elections that require you to be a U.S. citizen.
    Hmmm, perhaps if we took voting as seriously as ccw's?
    I'm to the point where I no longer trust States to validate citizenship status.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I can only watch after my Mom's shift is over...
    That’s “pole” not “poll” I’m afraid.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    When we got our licences, we all likely took Drivers Education at school. The school had a good idea based on your BC and other documents as to your citizenship status.
    This is true, but nobody has bothered to validate it since, not even when I moved to TX from another state. I have no problem whatsoever with the state asking me to prove my citizenship and would happily comply. But they haven't. I was curious about Real ID so I went to the DHS web site and here is what I found:

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id-public-faqs

Q: What is REAL ID?

Passed by Congress in 2005, the REAL ID Act enacted the 9/11 Commission's recommendation that the Federal Government “set standards for the issuance of sources of identification, such as driver's licenses.” The Act established minimum security standards for state-issued driver's licenses and identification cards and prohibits Federal agencies from accepting for official purposes licenses and identification cards from states that do not meet these standards. States have made considerable progress in meeting this key recommendation of the 9/11 Commission and every state has a more secure driver's license today than before the passage of the Act.

Q: REAL ID does NOT apply to the following:
    Entering Federal facilities that do not require a person to present identification
    Voting or registering to vote
    Applying for or receiving Federal benefits
    Being licensed by a state to drive
    Accessing Health or life preserving services (including hospitals and health clinics), law enforcement, or constitutionally protected activities (including a defendant's access to court proceedings)
    Participating in law enforcement proceedings or investigations
    Last edited by austinN4; 08-22-18 at 11:01.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567