Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KAC SR15 11.5" vs LMT 12" CQBPS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

KAC SR15 11.5" vs LMT 12" CQBPS

Anyone every had both of these that compare them?

I already have a KAC SR15 16" and QDC can but looking to grab a SBR. The LMT 12" CQBPS seems like a very nice set-up.

Have it narrowed down to these two.

I'm a lefty and this will be shot 100% suppressed.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggies View Post

I already have a KAC SR15 16" and QDC can but looking to grab a SBR. The LMT 12" CQBPS seems like a very nice set-up.

Neither of these options will be pleasant for a lefty to shoot suppressed. Get one of the new sionics ergp 11.5 barrels or a hodge 12.5. Both of those will be much more pleasant to shoot suppressed than the options your have mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggies View Post

OP, I’m left handed, I’ve spent some limited time behind a KAC CQB MOD1 and NT4 and I found it fine to shoot. Ya there’s some blow back, ya my face got dirty, no it was not miserable. I probably wouldn’t do it while wearing a tux.

Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Neither of these options will be pleasant for a lefty to shoot suppressed. Get one of the new sionics ergp 11.5 barrels or a hodge 12.5. Both of those will be much more pleasant to shoot suppressed than the options your have mentioned.

Lol Sionics and Hodge.... you’re comparing two meme grade companies that popped up in the last couple years to one with 30+ years of pedigree that holds multiple contracts with major government agencies and produces rifles and accessories that are killing people on multiple continents. These rifles aren’t even in the same league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The limited blowback isn't a concern.

You get use to it as a lefty

Feedback Score
    I’ve been interested in both of these also, as a complete factory SBR. I don’t have hands on experience. Having the QDC can already, would tip that towards the KAC upper. I’ve never been very interested in piston ARs but on paper the 12” LMT sounds pretty awesome. For me, I’m leaning towards the LMT. I love the MARS lower, and it would play well with my surefire cans. Everything I’ve read/heard about the LMT has been positive. I’ve been running a 10.5” LMT DI upper on a Colt 6933 for 11 years. It’s been great! And runs perfect. But the blowback with an m4-2000 and SDN-6 is harsh!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    What would make either of these two better than a KAC or LMT with regard to "pleasantness"?
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    What would make either of these two better than a KAC or LMT with regard to "pleasantness"?
    Smaller gas ports with the ops context of 100% suppressed. My knights cqb mod 2 with qdc can has the worst gas to my face of the carbine gas system 11.5 or 12.5in uppers that I own. As the op is a left handed shooter, my understanding is the gas is felt even more than a right handed shooter like me. I used to have an older lmt that I sold because it was so unpleasant to shoot suppressed. Dont get me wrong, I love my cqb mod 2, but I would not recommend it as a 100% suppressed platform.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Smaller gas ports with the ops context of 100% suppressed. My knights cqb mod 2 with qdc can has the worst gas to my face of the carbine gas system 11.5 or 12.5in uppers that I own. As the op is a left handed shooter, my understanding is the gas is felt even more than a right handed shooter like me. I used to have an older lmt that I sold because it was so unpleasant to shoot suppressed. Dont get me wrong, I love my cqb mod 2, but I would not recommend it as a 100% suppressed platform.
    Port size is going to do just about nothing with regard to smoke at the ejection port.
    That's pretty much 98% a function of the suppressor and bore diameter.
    Smoke and gas at the shooter with a suppressor is significant even with a bolt action, blow-back or piston gun.
    KAC uses a pretty small port, FWIW, but that's to keep the gun from running too fast when suppressed.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I’m surprise to hear that as mod 2 has pretty tight seal gas port compares to others brand, therefore the gas blow back shouldn’t be that bad..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    KAC 11.5" has been purchased

Figured all my KAC gear has been fantastic so no reason to change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast