G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Is Magtech 77 OTM the same as IMI 77

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,894
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My experience with both-- not extensive so take it as such-- is that they have run neck and neck for accuracy with a small advantage to the Magtech. I think they're close enough that it will be a barrel-to-barrel preference thing.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,249
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    My experience with both-- not extensive so take it as such-- is that they have run neck and neck for accuracy with a small advantage to the Magtech. I think they're close enough that it will be a barrel-to-barrel preference thing.
    We run Nosler 77 and SMK 77 and BH 77, as long as I have one of those, I'm GTG.

    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    477
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I hope the IMI Razor core 77 grain, is ok, that's what my "go to" mags are loaded with. I had no problems with popped primers.

    Andy

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    584
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I hope the IMI Razor core 77 grain, is ok, that's what my "go to" mags are loaded with. I had no problems with popped primers.

    Andy
    Thanks. Are you using it in .223 Wylde chambers, or true 5.56 chambers?
    RLTW

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    849
    Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Any pressure signs? Does your rifle have a true .556 chamber?
    Most of my guns are 5.56.

    I DID experience pressure issues (with both IMI and CBC 77 gr) in a Wylde chambered gun (blown primers).
    I lengthened the leade and problem is resolved.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    584
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Most of my guns are 5.56.

    I DID experience pressure issues (with both IMI and CBC 77 gr) in a Wylde chambered gun (blown primers).
    I lengthened the leade and problem is resolved.
    Thanks, I suspect this to be the case with most of the stories on the internet about IMI popping primers.
    RLTW

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    477
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Thanks. Are you using it in .223 Wylde chambers, or true 5.56 chambers?
    All my ARs have 5.56 chambers, and I have mainly fired the IMI Razor core through my 16" BCM upper.

    Andy

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    459
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve been curious about IMI 77 grain, but everytime I google it I find threads on TOS complaining about popped primers. Anybody here shooting it out of a 5.56 chamber? Or a Noveske match or .223 Wylde chamber?
    I've been shooting BH, IMI and CBC 77gr from a 18" Larue Wylde chambered, suppressed with no popped primers...

    I have experienced popped primers from CBC 62 and 77 gr 556 in a 556 chambered 11.5" while suppressed.

    Accuracy in the Larue barrel is best with BH 77gr SMK 556, then IMI , then CBC.
    Last edited by nightchief; 09-01-18 at 14:26.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    584
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks, guys. I am going to order some IMI 77.
    RLTW

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,894
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    77's of just about any flavor are almost magic. I glom onto every factory load in 77 that comes along to try it out, if only a single box. Also recently the new Nosler 70 grain RDF gave me some really good groups at distance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •