Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Magtech 77 OTM the same as IMI 77

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My experience with both-- not extensive so take it as such-- is that they have run neck and neck for accuracy with a small advantage to the Magtech. I think they're close enough that it will be a barrel-to-barrel preference thing.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    My experience with both-- not extensive so take it as such-- is that they have run neck and neck for accuracy with a small advantage to the Magtech. I think they're close enough that it will be a barrel-to-barrel preference thing.
    We run Nosler 77 and SMK 77 and BH 77, as long as I have one of those, I'm GTG.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I hope the IMI Razor core 77 grain, is ok, that's what my "go to" mags are loaded with. I had no problems with popped primers.

Andy

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I hope the IMI Razor core 77 grain, is ok, that's what my "go to" mags are loaded with. I had no problems with popped primers.

Andy
    Thanks. Are you using it in .223 Wylde chambers, or true 5.56 chambers?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Any pressure signs? Does your rifle have a true .556 chamber?
    Most of my guns are 5.56.

I DID experience pressure issues (with both IMI and CBC 77 gr) in a Wylde chambered gun (blown primers).
    I lengthened the leade and problem is resolved.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Most of my guns are 5.56.

I DID experience pressure issues (with both IMI and CBC 77 gr) in a Wylde chambered gun (blown primers).
    I lengthened the leade and problem is resolved.
    Thanks, I suspect this to be the case with most of the stories on the internet about IMI popping primers.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks. Are you using it in .223 Wylde chambers, or true 5.56 chambers?
    All my ARs have 5.56 chambers, and I have mainly fired the IMI Razor core through my 16" BCM upper.

Andy

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I’ve been curious about IMI 77 grain, but everytime I google it I find threads on TOS complaining about popped primers. Anybody here shooting it out of a 5.56 chamber? Or a Noveske match or .223 Wylde chamber?
    I've been shooting BH, IMI and CBC 77gr from a 18" Larue Wylde chambered, suppressed with no popped primers...

I have experienced popped primers from CBC 62 and 77 gr 556 in a 556 chambered 11.5" while suppressed.

Accuracy in the Larue barrel is best with BH 77gr SMK 556, then IMI , then CBC.
    Last edited by nightchief; 09-01-18 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thanks, guys. I am going to order some IMI 77.
    RLTW

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    77's of just about any flavor are almost magic. I glom onto every factory load in 77 that comes along to try it out, if only a single box. Also recently the new Nosler 70 grain RDF gave me some really good groups at distance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12