• LaRue Stealth

3 10.34%
  • Save a few months and get JP Supermatch

3 10.34%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 14.5" with a nod toward accuracy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    I'd add the Colt 14.5" SOCOM to your list. Apparently Grant has the stripped version on sale now for $199.
    Yes, I've read where the SOCOM barrel is a winner accuracy-wise. Not a sniper/"match" barrel for sure, but the stiffness as compared to a standard M4 profile does provide a decent degree of "combat rifle" accuracy. The ability to maintain a higher rate of fire than it's predecessor is definitely a plus if you needed it.

I have an entire carbine built around a SOCOM barrel from Grant (FSB shaved down by my buddy the gunsmith) and it is roughly a 2.5-3MOA shooter for me shooting Mk318 with an Aimpoint T2 from a sandbag.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 08-19-18 at 21:17.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Personally, Sionics would be my first choice for a CL barrel. I've been looking at Black River Tactical's 16" stainless barrel for a shorter precision set up, but it's 16".

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by No Bananas View Post
    Building a 14.5" (will pin and weld FH) and want a barrel with an emphasis on accuracy that is light enough to move with (not a bench gun). For use of 50-400 yds., with most at 100-200. Will wear a 1-6 type optic. Kinda torn between a proven stainless and a quality, chrome-lined that is very accurate and will last much longer.

Post recommendations
    Complete KAC 14.5 MOD 2 upper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If you are a handloader I can recommend the BCM barrels as I have no trouble getting the proverbial 1 MOA with tuned handloads from my own assemblies. Depending upon the number of rounds you fire annually and the rate of fire you normally achieve... most any quality manufacturer will meet your needs. If you want a tack driver... JP is and was my vote.

Tis is a group with a JP 20" that had less than 100 rounds down the pipe.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Criterion has a proprietary chrome lining process that still allows them to guarantee sub MOA accuracy.

I love mine, though I've never shot it for groups. I just zero it and shoot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Criterion has a proprietary chrome lining process that still allows them to guarantee sub MOA accuracy.

I love mine, though I've never shot it for groups. I just zero it and shoot.
    What’s the profile? Hybrid?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mine is a hybrid, yes. But they do offer others. Here are the hybrid barrels:

http://criterionbarrels.com/barrels/ar-15/ar-15-hybrid

What’s the profile? Hybrid?
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mig1nc; 08-20-18 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I am wanting a gun that'll do 1 MOA or better. I forgot about the Colt SOCOM. Molon had a great test with it, and many have posted sub-MOA with them.
    Get the Noveske SS Afghan...... It will do everything you want and then some. It is also the best Precision barrel you listed.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Let me ask...what kind of ammo are you attempting to go 1 MOA or better with? Are you hand-loading?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've yet to see a Noveske barrel that impressed me with accuracy. In my experience (4 or 5 samples), they're no better than any other barrel. Not familiar with Criterion.

Good advice has already been offered. Almost any decent production barrel should hold MOA with good ammo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast