3 10.34%
  • Save a few months and get JP Supermatch

3 10.34%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 14.5" with a nod toward accuracy

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've yet to see a Noveske barrel that impressed me with accuracy. In my experience (4 or 5 samples), they're no better than any other barrel. Not familiar with Criterion.

Good advice has already been offered. Almost any decent production barrel should hold MOA with good ammo.
    Really? That is interesting. Were you shooting it or was it someone else?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    My sample size of 1 is a Noveske 14.5” in 300BLK.

I swear to **** that rifle would put rounds through the same hole at 100. I’m talking .3” groups. It was stupid.

I’ve never seen anything like it. It outshot my Bartlein barreled custom built 700 at 100y by a long shot.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Keep in mind that even though old Noveske and new Noveske may technically be the same company, I've heard a lot of people say that they are not the same as they used to be before John passed away.

Criterion is used by USAMU, those dudes can shoot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Really? That is interesting. Were you shooting it or was it someone else?
    Both.

Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Keep in mind that even though old Noveske and new Noveske may technically be the same company, I've heard a lot of people say that they are not the same as they used to be before John passed away.
    For sure. I'm sure people have had good luck with some of the Noveske barrels. I just never shot one that impressed me. The most accurate barrel on an AR (that stands out in my mind) was the Colt 6940 something or other? With the monolithic rail... That mofo stacked holes.

Criterion is used by USAMU, those dudes can shoot.
    I'll have to read up on Criterion. I recognize the name, but know nothing about them.
    Last edited by markm; 08-20-18 at 15:04.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    My sample size of 1 is a Noveske 14.5” in 300BLK.

I swear to **** that rifle would put rounds through the same hole at 100. I’m talking .3” groups. It was stupid.

I’ve never seen anything like it. It outshot my Bartlein barreled custom built 700 at 100y by a long shot.
    That is about the same as my experience. And my sample size is about 15. All 5.56 and different barrel lengths.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I've had:
    2x 16"
    1x 14.5"
    1x 18" (int)

One 16" and the 14.5" were awesome; the other 16" didn't fare well but that was my fault using a muzzle device that was choking my accuracy to death. The 18" was OK but not great for an 18". Wes Grant discussed with me that he chose the 3-land/groove for his custom Noveske 18 the same as the 20" varmint because the poly can some times be inconsistent...take that for what you will but that dude has built more tack-drivers than me.

I would advise people to not overlook V Seven which is Joel (formerly of Noveske) who is making barrels of similar quality. I wouldn't overlook them either if you're considering Noveske.

This was the last group I shot from my V Seven to check zero
    with BH 223 77gr re-man:

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My sample of 1 is a 14.5" Centurion recce.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    I've had:
    2x 16"
    1x 14.5"
    1x 18" (int)

One 16" and the 14.5" were awesome; the other 16" didn't fare well but that was my fault using a muzzle device that was choking my accuracy to death. The 18" was OK but not great for an 18". Wes Grant discussed with me that he chose the 3-land/groove for his custom Noveske 18 the same as the 20" varmint because the poly can some times be inconsistent...take that for what you will but that dude has built more tack-drivers than me.

I would advise people to not overlook V Seven which is Joel (formerly of Noveske) who is making barrels of similar quality. I wouldn't overlook them either if you're considering Noveske.

This was the last group I shot from my V Seven to check zero
    with BH 223 77gr re-man:

Can I ask the check zero distance of the V Seven group?
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have an “old” Noveske Afghan 14.5, and it is very precise. It also chronos similarly to a 16”. Nothing crazy, but nice. Word of warning though, it is a pretty hefty barrel.

The current M4A1 profile barrel is very good. I think it would be a good choice, if accuracy and durability with reasonable weight are top concerns in a 14.5”.
    Last edited by 1168; 08-21-18 at 13:25. Reason: Add

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    del for incorrect info
    Last edited by joeg26er; 08-21-18 at 19:41.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast