Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF HK???!!!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    So you didn’t clean all the shipping/storage sludge off before running it?

HK’s need hot ammo for break in. Most of them even mention this in the owners manual. Running 115gr bulk ammo during break in is just asking for problems.

I’ll be curious as to what you hear back from CS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    could just be from a bad batch. Mine shoots like a dream, i won several HK rifles and handguns. they are top notch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 100 View Post
    could just be from a bad batch. Mine shoots like a dream, i won several HK rifles and handguns. they are top notch.
    My other P30 shoots like a dream too
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post
    What color was the recoil spring? As you know, the 9mm spring should be red. Years ago I bought a new 9mm P2000 that would not function with any ammo. Turns out the spring installed was from the .40. HK sent out a new spring that solved the issue along with a bunch of cool swag.
    It was red
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Update.
    I got my P30 back from HK they didn't say what was wrong or say what they did. I got a flash drive with them shooting it using Blazer brass and no issues
    I shot it today 150 rounds it feeds normal but ejects like a glock brass everywhere including my head. I will chalk it up to crappy Remington 115grain brown box cheap ass ammo. I will get some better ammo and try again later in the week
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 09-14-18 at 14:43.
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    I will chalk it up to crappy Remington 115grain brown box cheap ass ammo.
    I found some reviews of this ammo and it seems to be 940-1000fps ammo with 115gr bullet. This is 108-115 (kgr*ft/s) IPSC/USPSA power factor (minimal power factor is IPSC/USPSA is 125). I'm actually amazed this ammo manages to cycle your P30 at all. This gun is designed to use 9mm NATO rounds that go 1150-1300fps with 124gr bullet (power factor 142-161 - this is level of +P ammo). That is huge difference. If you want to shoot 115gr, look for something that goes around 1150fps (more/less power factor 130+) for best reliability. In my P30 and P30L, when they were "broke in" (some 2000+ rounds) I managed to shoot ammo that was on threshold of 125 power factor (115gr Blazer alu case and 124gr Barnaul steel case) and both pistols cycled, but both felt sluggish.
    Last edited by montrala; 09-19-18 at 04:36.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've shot a lot of Blazer Brass 115gr and Winchester white box out of my P30 and never had a single problem. Never tried the Remington brown box but have had zero problems with the Remington UMC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    I found some reviews of this ammo and it seems to be 940-1000fps ammo with 115gr bullet. This is 108-115 (kgr*ft/s) IPSC/USPSA power factor (minimal power factor is IPSC/USPSA is . I'm actually amazed this ammo manages to cycle your P30 at all. This gun is designed to use 9mm NATO rounds that go 1150-1300fps with 124gr bullet (power factor 142-161 - this is level of +P ammo). That is huge difference. If you want to shoot 115gr, look for something that goes around 1150fps (more/less power factor 130+) for best reliability. In my P30 and P30L, when they were "broke in" (some 2000+ rounds) I managed to shoot ammo that was on threshold of 125 power factor (115gr Blazer alu case and 124gr Barnaul steel case) and both pistols cycled, but both felt sluggish.
    That makes sense. Im guessing that because the slide is larger/ heavier than say a glock it needs more momentum.
    although HK never did tell me what was wrong or if anything was done. Im guessing it was the ammo.
    Blazer 115gr seems to function fine as they tested it with both 115 and 124gr.
    Thanks for commenting always appreciate hearing from you when there's an HK question
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 09-18-18 at 10:56.
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Shoot full power ammo...if there is such thing for a 9mm. 115 grr often lacks the power necessary for cycling of new guns, yes even our beloved never fail glocks. So, either shoot 124gr (maybe 300-500 rnds) or just lock your slide back for a few days to “break in” your recoil spring.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I purchased a new P30S in 9mm a couple weeks ago and took it to the range on Tuesday. I shot 100 rounds of Winchester 124 gr NATO ammo without issue. I was incredibly impressed with it. Even the first round in DA was dead center. The ergonomics are just great. Ejection was perfect, which is more than I can say for my Gen 5 Glock 19.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast