Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WTF HK???!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    The USP is still made in Germany, the P30 and some the HK45 HK45c are not to the best of my knowledge.
    My BG-coded USP Expert .45 says "HKI - Columbus GA" on the frame...
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    My BG-coded USP Expert .45 says "HKI - Columbus GA" on the frame...
    I would assume that has something to do with importation, I dont even think the Columbus plant is up and running yet. Can I see a picture of your slide?

Feedback Score
    If frame was actually made in Germany, it will have:

CIP
    N

mark. Same for slide and barrel.

If frame, or slide or barrel were made in USA (or finished from German made unfinished parts) it will not have CIP proofmarks.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ah! So it does - CIP N on the frame just aft of the "accessory rail" on the left side, on the slide just forward of the date code, and forward of the serial number on the chamber. It was the metal insert with the serial number on the frame stating "HKI - Columbus GA" that made me wonder.
    Last edited by Dionysusigma; 10-02-18 at 20:09.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    I would assume that has something to do with importation, I dont even think the Columbus plant is up and running yet. Can I see a picture of your slide?
    I can't imagine they are not up and running, they have been there for more than 2 years, at least, but I could be wrong.

I had no idea they were in Columbus until I drove right past them one day.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I have a P30. Anything to be afraid of?
    I think you should sell it because there is no way you could trust your life to it now!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You guys are worse than Glock fan boys.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I played around with the P30S some more and while I thought it was fantastic, the safety didn't work well with my hand size and the fact I use an extremely high thumb grip. My dad really liked it and didn't have anything in 9mm and he shoots with a low thumb hold. Soooooo I gave dad the P30S and picked up a regular v3 P30 at Palmetto State Armory. Without the safety in my way this pistol is just the tits. I broke it in with 100 rounds of Winchester 124 gr NATO with zero issues. Ironically, I bought them both within the last couple months and they were made in September and October of 2013. Both have red colored recoil springs. I'm not sure if the P30 has gone to one recoil spring like the VP series or not.

I'm going to take the old man to the range next week with both pistols. I'm sure he will like it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456