Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF HK???!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

WTF HK???!!!

Just bought a new P30 last week, shot it for the first time and multiple FTE FTF issues! Shooting Remington 115g happened set least 5 times, also had one issue where the slide didn't lock open on the last round. Magazines are fairly new I brought my older ones but had no issues with them. My older P30 I bought in 2011 runs like a champ never had an issue with any ammo even the ammo I used today. The guy in the lane next to me gave me some of his which was speer lawman and still had some issues.
    Luckily the range I shoot is also where I bought it so they're sending it back to HK
    Anyone know if I just got a lemon or is HK quality slipping?
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 08-20-18 at 11:33.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Just bought a new P30 last week, shot it for the first time and multiple FTE FTF issues! Shooting Remington 115g happened set least 5 times, also had one issue where the slide didn't lock open on the last round. Magazines are fairly new I brought my older ones but had no issues with them. My older P30 I bought in 2011 runs like a champ never had an issue with any ammo even the ammo I used today. The guy in the lane next to me gave me some of his which was speer lawman and still had some issues.
    Luckily the range I shoot is also where I bought it so they're sending it back to HK
    Very likely just a lemon, particulary if it was still doing it with the Speer ammo. I was initially thinking shit Remington ammo might have been the culprit, but Speer is pretty gtg. I'd send it back. Everyone lets one slip through the cracks every once in a while, even HK.

Feedback Score
    Yeah hopefully. I really like the P30. and HK pistols overall. I'm so invested in HK and glock I really don't want to go with another manufacturer
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Sample of one user, sample of one gun. No reason to even ask this. It's the internet though, so some dolt will be along shortly to start a "are HK P30s okay now????" thread.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Are you talking the cheap Remington 115gr FMJ like you get at Wally World? If so you do know that that ammo is notoriously weak, if that is what you are using first thing I would do is try some different ammo like some NATO loads.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Used Speer lawman too same issue.
    I have used the same Remington ammo in my older P30 no issues
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Did you clean/lube it first?
    Ive had/seen a couple guns that chocked out of the box, but after cleaning/lubing went thousands of rounds without issue.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yea, it's a good idea to remove the non corrosive sludge from the weapon. With the slide not locking back, I'd watch my thumb if it did it on several kinds of ammo.

I'd run another 100 through, if your still having issues, off to HK for check up to neck up. I'm a P30 fanboy, but I've had a couple handguns that needed a breakin, then never failed. 250 rounds should break in if it needed a break up in.

I know it's frustrating.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-20-18 at 15:27.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Did you clean/lube it first?
    Ive had/seen a couple guns that chocked out of the box, but after cleaning/lubing went thousands of rounds without issue.
    Already had some lube.
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Sample of one user, sample of one gun. No reason to even ask this. It's the internet though, so some dolt will be along shortly to start a "are HK P30s okay now????" thread.
    I get that, but
    I also saw a video on the military arms channel where Tim bought a new umc 45 and the front sight post was cracked. I just wanted to know if anyone had any other issues. with the newer HKs
    ~Tench Coxe

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast