Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF HK???!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yea, it's a good idea to remove the non corrosive sludge from the weapon. With the slide not locking back, I'd watch my thumb if it did it on several kinds of ammo.

I'd run another 100 through, if your still having issues, off to HK for check up to neck up. I'm a P30 fanboy, but I've had a couple handguns that needed a breakin, then never failed. 250 rounds should break in if it needed a break up in.

I know it's frustrating.

PB
    Already sent back to HK my other P30 never had issues so we'll see what they say
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Ever since they dropped the price, I have been hearing of more issues with them. Could just be that more are being sold and therefore more likely to hear of an issue, but hopefully they are not going the way of "let's lower prices and QC and see what happens."

Should have bought a high point

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Lol. Today’s gun culture is warped.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Ever since they dropped the price, I have been hearing of more issues with them. Could just be that more are being sold and therefore more likely to hear of an issue, but hopefully they are not going the way of "let's lower prices and QC and see what happens."

Should have bought a high point

I doubt that., the P30 has been out for a while and vetted
    Not sure why the price dropped. They still make the USP series and they are priced the same as they were
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Not sure why they dropped either but I see them advertised for 550ish all the time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Not sure why the price dropped. They still make the USP series and they are priced the same as they were

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Yeah, what's up with that? I do want a USP 9mm LEM but they're still in the $800's. I used to have a P-30 and it didn't like any sort of compromised hold. It was fine when using a solid two hand grip but single handed, moving and shooting it would sometimes FTE. My buddy has a P-30L in .40 and it really demands a solid hold to function well. It would seem HK designs their pistols for full power military/police ammo.

Feedback Score
    Its a mass produced product...despite what the fanboys say, there are bound to be some lemons out there. I wouldn't take a single example as proof that HK quality has "slipped". I'd give them the chance to correct it. If they don't correct it, then I'd say you should move on to a different manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I've had defective products out of the box from a variety of "reputable, high-end manufacturers" although HK is not among them. Stuff happens, and a .1% defect rate means 1/1000 are defective. I suspect a lot of firearms stuff has a >1% defect rate, as does lots of non-firearms stuff these days. Modern manufacturing is pretty good and QC costs money, why not let the buyer beware and advertise your "awesome warranty and customer service" like many companies do.

There are a handful of companies that seem to have miniscule defect rates, but none of the ones I'm thinking of make handguns. It's not as if HK (and Glock, and a few others) are showing up all that often in OOB defect complaints though.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    What color was the recoil spring? As you know, the 9mm spring should be red. Years ago I bought a new 9mm P2000 that would not function with any ammo. Turns out the spring installed was from the .40. HK sent out a new spring that solved the issue along with a bunch of cool swag.

Feedback Score
    I had an early XD that had issues at first. I was told to leave the slide locked to the rear for a few days and go back to the range. It seemed to solve the problem.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast