Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: WTF HK???!!!

Feedback Score
    The P30 needs NATO pressure 9mm for the first 200-300 rounds from what I’ve heard.

That being said the erratic ejection I’ve never heard of with HK’s before.

God Bless,

Brandon

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I have a P30. Anything to be afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Sample of one user, sample of one gun. No reason to even ask this. It's the internet though, so some dolt will be along shortly to start a "are HK P30s okay now????" thread.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by defense523 View Post
    Shoot full power ammo...if there is such thing for a 9mm. 115 grr often lacks the power necessary for cycling of new guns, yes even our beloved never fail glocks. So, either shoot 124gr (maybe 300-500 rnds) or just lock your slide back for a few days to “break in” your recoil spring.
    That sounds a little odd. I just buy ammo, whatever brand is on sale. 99% of my range ammo is 115gr fmj. Never had issues cycling in Glocks, HK USP,, Sigs, CZs, SW, HiPowers, Berettas

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 09-21-18 at 06:55.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a P30, P30L and P30SK and they eat everything I have ever fed them. Craptastic brown bear, nice MEN 124, Gold Dots, WWB you name it I have shot everything and it has NEVER jammed. This is the first I have ever heard of one not being perfect, Im sure it has happened elsewhere, but I haven't heard.

I will add, the thing that makes them so reliable is the mags are second to none. They cost but they are awesome. And I have always felt like the P30 cycled smoother and more effortlessly than any gun I have ever shot.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I have a P30. Anything to be afraid of?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A problem with Remington 9mm FMJ is cartridge overall length. These rounds are visibly shorter than NATO spec. I do not know why. I do know that this affects the angle of the round as it feeds. It makes the angle of entry into the chamber much steeper. Us reloaders are more conscious of overall length. You mess with spec length at your peril. This, not nose shape, is what makes some shorter hollow point rounds have feeding problems.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    That sounds a little odd. I just buy ammo, whatever brand is on sale. 99% of my range ammo is 115gr fmj. Never had issues cycling in Glocks, HK USP,, Sigs, CZs, SW, HiPowers, Berettas

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    I agree that you should be able to run any 115gr.

BUT if you go to HKPro they will always recommend Nato 9mm for the first few hundred rounds, same goes for the MP5. This happens ALL THE TIME over there in the pistol forum. Usually, the folks go and buy 9mm Nato and it runs fine. Then they try the 115s and its fine as well.

Ever since I had a bad case of WWB 9mm, I only buy "decent" ammo. It was very frustrating to lose faith in a pistol. Sent it back. Then have it choke inside 100 rounds. I sidelined the rest of that WWB case, switched to AE 115/124 and never an issue. Not worth the possible headache to buy the cheapest ammo out there.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use my own hardcast for range fodder. The best FMJ out there is Winchester Q4318 NATO 124 grain stuff. It's a little hotter than other white box but not quite plus p. It's my carry ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Update.
    I got my P30 back from HK they didn't say what was wrong or say what they did. I got a flash drive with them shooting it using Blazer brass and no issues
    I shot it today 150 rounds it feeds normal but ejects like a glock brass everywhere including my head. I will chalk it up to crappy Remington 115grain brown box cheap ass ammo. I will get some better ammo and try again later in the week
    I have 1000 rounds through mine using a wide variety of 9 mm ammo. Zero issues. Sounds like you have a lemon. Try some MEN 124 grain NATO ammo. Not sure what to say about the ejection issue. If it continues, take a video and send it back to HK.

I’ve moved away from remington UMC since they don’t use real brass casings. When you can get American Eagle, Speer Lawman or MEN 9 mm ammo for < $200 for a 1000 round case, UMC is not that much of a bargain. Of course, I still remember getting 50 round boxes of Winchester USA ammo for $7.99 at Bass Pro around 2002

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I’ve moved away from remington UMC since they don’t use real brass casings.
    What do you mean by "don't use real brass"? What are they using?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast