Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WTF HK???!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    What do you mean by "don't use real brass"? What are they using?
    Fake brass?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I have a P30. Anything to be afraid of?
    Yes. They breed even if you do not have a couple
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Not sure why they dropped either but I see them advertised for 550ish all the time now.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    The USP is still made in Germany, the P30 and some the HK45 HK45c are not to the best of my knowledge.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    The USP is still made in Germany, the P30 and some the HK45 HK45c are not to the best of my knowledge.
    Check out some the posts on HKPro...the P30 is still being made in Germany.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I have 1000 rounds through mine using a wide variety of 9 mm ammo. Zero issues. Sounds like you have a lemon. Try some MEN 124 grain NATO ammo. Not sure what to say about the ejection issue. If it continues, take a video and send it back to HK.
    Already did and got it back see my earlier post
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    the P30 and some the HK45 HK45c are not to the best of my knowledge.
    P30 is made in Germany.

HK45 and HK45C were initially completely made in Germany, then molds for frames were sent to USA and frames were made in USA with "top" made in Germany and sent to USA (you should see German proof marks on slide and barrel of "made in USA" pistols). Then HK decided that there is market for HK45 and HK45C also in Europe and they restarted manufacture of complete pistols in Germany for European market.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    i picked up a brand new P30, a couple weeks ago, and i've run a couple hundred rounds of 115gr Perfecta and some IMI jhp die-cut 115gr ammo thru the gun and it's run flawlessly.. I did lube up the slide grooves and the frame where the slide would make any friction before ever firing the gun.. And even my other HK's P30sk, VP9sk, VP9, P30L have run flawlessly since day 1

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I have 1000 rounds through mine using a wide variety of 9 mm ammo. Zero issues. Sounds like you have a lemon. Try some MEN 124 grain NATO ammo. Not sure what to say about the ejection issue. If it continues, take a video and send it back to HK.

I’ve moved away from remington UMC since they don’t use real brass casings. When you can get American Eagle, Speer Lawman or MEN 9 mm ammo for < $200 for a 1000 round case, UMC is not that much of a bargain. Of course, I still remember getting 50 round boxes of Winchester USA ammo for $7.99 at Bass Pro around 2002
    No, I can verify to the best of my ability (no equipment for metallurgical testing) that UMC is indeed brass. I just reloaded some UMC 9mm and it loads just fine.

What I caution about in 9mm UMC is iterated above: cartridge overall length is quite a bit shorter than spec, and can cause problems in some guns.

I shoot reloads but for range fodder American Eagle or Winchester, 115 or 124, is fine. Q4318 is a bit stouter and that's what I carry.

Feedback Score
    I've purchased many new pistols over the years and one thing that I've figured out is that not all 9mm pistols are sprung the same and the power of 9mm ammo varies significantly. Therefore, you can't assume that any factory 9mm will work in any 9mm pistol. Though I do reload, I keep a good variety of factory 9mm on hand as well. I always buy it by the case. When I get a new pistol, I shoot the higher power NATO spec ammunition through it to start with. If it's reliable, I'll run weaker ammo through it. Most guns will run with the full variety of ammo, but some simply require the higher power ammo. That's not to say that there's anything wrong with the lower power ammo if it doesn't run in a particular gun. Based on what the OP has said, I'd surmise that he got a more heavily spring pistol and tried weaker ammo in it. The combination didn't work. I'd also surmise that HK simply put some of their factory ammo through it and it ran fine, so they included the video to demonstrate that the pistol was working reliably.

BTW, if a gun simply does not run with a variety of factory ammo, I send in a video of it failing with the various types of factory ammo. That significantly reduces the odds that you'll get the pistol returned to you with a note saying that they could find no problem.

Feedback Score
    Shot another 150 rounds today ejection is strong no issues. Runs great like my older P30
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast