Thread: "Sporting/Hunting" sleeper defenseive .308 question...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"Sporting/Hunting" sleeper defenseive .308 question...

I had a dream, in the middle of the day, about a Saiga .308 with wood furniture and a hunting grip/stock but modified by Definitive Arms to use .308 P-mags.

Is there something else closer to reality that is along similar lines, with the key being a semi-auto .308 using common standard capacity detachable box mags, with the mags being the key.

For example, is there a .308 version of the fight lite SCR lower or something like that?

TED

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    If you're looking for a traditionally stocked semi-auto 308 that takes readily available 20rd mags there aren't a lot of options. The only one that really comes to mind is the M1a, or other semi-auto M14 type rifles.

The "Scout Squad" M1a with walnut furniture and an 18" barrel should be well under $2k.

The Molot Vepr 308 rifles are relatively nice for what they used to sell for and they have wood "hunting type" furniture with thumb-hole stocks, but they are no longer being imported and use proprietary mags. There were a few gunsmiths (including Robar, i think) doing M14 magazine conversions on Veprs, but I don't know that anyone still is.