Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Muzzle Device for BCM 11.5”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 100 View Post
    If you're going to suppress it down the line, I'd just stick with the A2 until you decide what suppressor you're going with...A2 works well for the cost.

I personally went with a Precision Armament EFAB because I wanted good flash reduction (about as good as an A2) and recoil mitigation (much better than an A2). It's not the best at either compared to dedicated comp or FH, but it's the best hybrid device that doesn't have any more concussion than an A2. A lot of muzzle devices do one or the other better than an EFAB, but it's hard to do both better.

If you can't have suppressors where you live, EFAB or A2...but you really should just suppress it if you can
    I have suppressors, I just don't want to suppress this particular rifle (actually pistol) for various reasons.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Three prong style flash hider suppress flash and direct blast down range
    Much better than any A2 style
    I do have an extra Silencerco Omega ASR mount (3-prong) that I'm not currently using....

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Precision Armament EFAB hybrid muzzle device, Surefire regular flashider, Smith Vortex A4 FH, AAC Blackout FH or the lower cost but excellent Yankee Hill Phantom 5C1 FH
    Last edited by Biggy; 08-22-18 at 06:11.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Clint, I will snag one of your units when I get back from class.....

Captains1911, I applaud your thinking. I am a non--fan of making them louder and dangerous to bystanders / line mates / team mates. To that end my perennial approach is the Noveske KX3 or -5. I am not familiar with the devices you mentioned but believe me I am always on the lookout for something that will allow students to "slip into something more comfortable". Your spec of "not too long or heavy" maybe precludes the Noveskes…. if you find something that can approach that level of effectiveness in a smaller package I will be very interested.

I don't want to hijack this thread into one of my brake-hatin' tirades but in this class, we have three guns with the most difficult situation. Well first let me say the guys are supposed to know they are not to run brakes in class but year after year many don't get all the class info from their agency, only that, "Yer goin' ". What we have is 14.5" barrels with brakes pinned and welded to make 16". So even if we get them off (we "have our ways" of doing it field-expedient style), what we don't have is the means to pin and weld on something else, on site. Solution, brake men go to the far end of the line, as a group. All three are fine shooters and good guys. But we ran some relays this aft in teams of five and I got the brake men. One of the other two guys had an 11.5" barrel with an A1 flash hider; man #5 had a 16" barrel with and A2 flash hider. Both of them were fluffy bunnies compared to the broke guns. As a safety officer for this I cannot stand far away-- I have to be close-up to keep an eye on things. The brakes make it miserable-- with plugs and muffs both-- plus hands over the muffs. They make my teeth hurt and that is not an exaggeration.

So.... I'll be watching this thread with keen interest.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Hey Ned,

From sounds of it, you could use a few Covert Comps for your classes.

I need a MOACKS anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Clint, I will snag one of your units when I get back from class.....

Captains1911, I applaud your thinking. I am a non--fan of making them louder and dangerous to bystanders / line mates / team mates. To that end my perennial approach is the Noveske KX3 or -5. I am not familiar with the devices you mentioned but believe me I am always on the lookout for something that will allow students to "slip into something more comfortable". Your spec of "not too long or heavy" maybe precludes the Noveskes…. if you find something that can approach that level of effectiveness in a smaller package I will be very interested.

I don't want to hijack this thread into one of my brake-hatin' tirades but in this class, we have three guns with the most difficult situation. Well first let me say the guys are supposed to know they are not to run brakes in class but year after year many don't get all the class info from their agency, only that, "Yer goin' ". What we have is 14.5" barrels with brakes pinned and welded to make 16". So even if we get them off (we "have our ways" of doing it field-expedient style), what we don't have is the means to pin and weld on something else, on site. Solution, brake men go to the far end of the line, as a group. All three are fine shooters and good guys. But we ran some relays this aft in teams of five and I got the brake men. One of the other two guys had an 11.5" barrel with an A1 flash hider; man #5 had a 16" barrel with and A2 flash hider. Both of them were fluffy bunnies compared to the broke guns. As a safety officer for this I cannot stand far away-- I have to be close-up to keep an eye on things. The brakes make it miserable-- with plugs and muffs both-- plus hands over the muffs. They make my teeth hurt and that is not an exaggeration.

So.... I'll be watching this thread with keen interest.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ned,

Seems you feel the Pigs really work well. Are they really any better for noise to the user or his teammates than an A2? Or just better than a brake? Is the KX5 as effective as the KX3? I currently use flash hiders (mostly A2) and have always been a bit curious about the KX’s, but they are so long and heavy, I always talk my self out of it. Also, I find it curious that the internet tells me they are very flashy (I do shoot low-light), while the Bulgarian look-alike from Arsenal was tested by JMac and reported to be flash-free. Arsenal lists that thing as a whole Lb, though.

Edit: the real queston is, does it do anything a couple more inches of barrel doesn’t?
    Last edited by 1168; 08-23-18 at 15:13.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We recently finished another round of testing on our 9" PDW prototype.

Initially, it had a bare muzzle and the blast was tremendous.

This time it was equipped with a Covert Comp.

Much nicer.

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    "Muzzle Device for BCM 11.5”

Suppressor mount with a suppressor.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    "Muzzle Device for BCM 11.5”

Suppressor mount with a suppressor.
    yeah, except I don’t want a suppressor in this gun.
    Last edited by Captains1911; 08-23-18 at 20:35.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Clint, there is definitely a swap in the offing.

1168, the pig does do more than a couple inches of barrel. I have found them to be good flash hiders but that is a couples tests plus anecdotal observations, not what I would call genuine scientific testing. If you let them get packed with GSR they stop working so well. Ain't no getting around the fact that they are bigger than most muzzle devices. The shooter and anyone between 2:00 and 10:00 from the muzzle will get a noticeably reduced blast. If you are downrange you get the big noise hit like standing next to a brake-equipped gun. Downrange is right where that shet belongs, not in the side of a linemate's / team mate's face. In any event it is better (noise-wise) for the shooter and friends than an A2.

KX3 vs/ KX5, to me they seem indistinguishable in their effect but I might not be the best judge of that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast