Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muzzle Device for BCM 11.5”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Muzzle Device for BCM 11.5”

I’m looking for suggestions for a muzzle device for the soon to be mine BCM 11.5” upper. I do not plan to suppress this one in order to keep the overall length to a minimum. Therefore, I’m considering a linear compensator or flash can to potentially help reduce the sound and concussion felt by the shooter. I also don’t want anything too long or heavy. There are three specific devices I was considering: Black River Tactical Covert Comp, Kaw Valley Linear Comp, and KAK Flash Can.

I admit I have no experience with these types of muzzle devices, and don’t really even know if they work as advertised. Am I better off saving money and just sticking with a standard A2? Are there any others I should consider?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Those things would be a waste of money compared to an A2. Concussion to the shooter isn’t typically a problem, it’s concussion to someone standing on the left or right. Either way though, I think that gets blown out of proportion.

ETA - I didn't read through everything you posted, just saw the flash can which is basically a Noveske PIG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 08-20-18 at 21:53.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Our Covert Comp does a very nice job of reducing blast, especially from short barrels.

Give one a try, you won't be disappointed.
    Last edited by Clint; 08-20-18 at 20:38.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Our Covert Comp does a very nice job of reducing blast, especially from short barrels.

Give one a try, you won't be disappointed.
    I talked my brother into getting a Covert Comp for his shorty. He's very happy with it. Says it does a good job of pushing the concussion forward. He likes that it's about the same size and weight of an A2.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My 10.5 pistol has KX5 attached to it. It really directs the blast wave forward. Yeah, it breaths fire and has no recoil reduction but we are talking 5.56 here, not 7.62 so recoil is not an issue. I've done mag dumps on a cardboard silhouette target at 25 and 50 yards, with most shots landing squarely in the bread basket.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Muzzle Device for BCM 11.5”

On non suppressor mounts I use Precision Armament AFAB. Hands down one of my favorite muzzle devices. Pricey but also very good - BattleComp.
    I’ve used the AFAB on 10.3, 12 and 14.5. I e used the BattleComp on 10.3 for a few years.
    Both are excellent but the AFAB gets the nod imo bc it can be had for $109 vs. $150. The AFAB is similar in design to the KAC MAMS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 08-21-18 at 07:23.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    If you're going to suppress it down the line, I'd just stick with the A2 until you decide what suppressor you're going with...A2 works well for the cost.

I personally went with a Precision Armament EFAB because I wanted good flash reduction (about as good as an A2) and recoil mitigation (much better than an A2). It's not the best at either compared to dedicated comp or FH, but it's the best hybrid device that doesn't have any more concussion than an A2. A lot of muzzle devices do one or the other better than an EFAB, but it's hard to do both better.

If you can't have suppressors where you live, EFAB or A2...but you really should just suppress it if you can

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Three prong style flash hider suppress flash and direct blast down range
    Much better than any A2 style

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Three prong style flash hider suppress flash and direct blast down range
    Much better than any A2 style
    I use a three prong under my AAC Mini. Not sure of your intended use, but for 3 added inches (14.5 oal), the Mini was my answer to an SBR home defense weapon of choice. If you shoot sbr’s, you know they have a loud bark! Quiet your weapon, everyone around you will appreciate it.
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    I cant tell the difference in “blast” between my 11.5” w/a2 and 14.5 with sf3p.

Shoot it with a2 first and see how it is.

That said, Mini can is the best way to go IMO- but that depends on intended use.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-21-18 at 07:46.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast