Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idea for reloading bench

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Idea for reloading bench

I have but one workbench, and it has to do all kinds of things. I'd love to have a dedicated reloading bench set up all the time, but I just can't. Here's what I do:

I drilled holes for the press, and I use bolts with wing nuts to hold her down.

Everything else: powder dumper, bench priming tool, primer pocket swager, is mounted with through-bolts on pieces of 3/4 inch hardwood. I use a large c-clamp to attach these to the bench as needed.

If I knew how, I'd attach photos, but you get the idea. This takes minutes to set up and tear down. I actually prefer to set up and tear down as I go; in other words, when I'm through priming, I unclamp the priming tool, put it back on the shelf, and clamp down the powder dumper.

Works for me. Any alternative ideas for non-dedicated benches?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Have you seen the Quick Change system from Inline Fabrication yet? https://inlinefabrication.com/collec...on-video-watch I use the bench mounted plate on my bench and it is awesome if you have limited space. He also makes several other very useful products, like the Skylight.
    Last edited by drtywk; 08-21-18 at 01:01.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Have you seen the Quick Change system from Inline Fabrication yet? https://inlinefabrication.com/collec...on-video-watch I use the bench mounted plate on my bench and it is awesome if you have limited space. He also makes several other very useful products, like the Skylight.
    What did your system cost for mounting your reloader?

I have a friend with very limited space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The Skylight is a great idea! Thanks

Feedback Score
    I don't have any pictures but what I did is buy two tool box base cabinets, ripped a 3/4" 4×8 sheet of plywood, glued and screwed the two pieces together and bolted it to the base cabinets. My work area is 2'×8' with almost enough drawers for all my junk. Bolt it to the wall and it will be solid as a rock.

Feedback Score
    I would second the recommendation for Inline. I had a shotshell press and Rockchucker that I was trying to do the mount on a board and C-clamp to the bench thing. I recently added a T-7 and realized a better solution was needed.

Inline fit the requirements. The parts are well made, rock solid, and the presses easily swap out of the work station.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    What did your system cost for mounting your reloader?

I have a friend with very limited space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    It was under $100 for the bench plate, spacer and a couple of quick change plates. I picked it up during one of their sales. I have my Dillon 650, bench vise and Redding T-7 on plates.
    Last edited by drtywk; 08-21-18 at 19:41.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That ultramount stuff is actually pretty cool, if you don't have space for all your tools. Thanks for posting that. Had not seen that.

When I lived in a small apartment with some students we built a small "desk" or "table" about 10 inches high, about 20-30" wide, and 20" deep. We placed a thick piece of ply or MDF on top as a table top and on one side, we made a cutout and mounted the press inside the cutout (so that the press is set back and in the middle of the structure). With this we could put it in the closet when not being used, and could just put it on the kitchen table. Similarly, if you have just one bench, when not using it, you put it away.

Some of my Dillon customers mount the press on a strong mount, and mount that on a heavy piece of MDF or ply and then use the C-Clamps to mount that ply/MDF to the bench when working with it. Lots of similar things you can do.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    I strongly suggest getting the harbor freight wood workbench, it is strong and sturdy. Abot $119 00 on sale then get a piece of 3/4" plywood to cover the top and pintrest can show you how to dove tail pieces for mounting your press and accesories or use alum T-TRAK like gavin on ultimate reloader uses 20180718_201738.jpg
    Last edited by junkmansj; 09-09-18 at 18:53.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by junkmansj View Post
    I strongly suggest getting the harbor freight wood workbench, it is strong and sturdy. Abot $119 00 on sale then get a piece of 3/4" plywood to cover the top and pintrest can show you how to dove tail pieces for mounting your press and accesories or use alum rail like gavin on ultimate reloader20180718_201738.jpg
    I am also using a harbor freight workbench for reloading (and general gun work) now. My biggest complaint is that the drawer slides are falling apart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast