Thread: Dept of Education to Buy Guns for Teachers?

Feedback Score

Dept of Education to Buy Guns for Teachers?

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-for-teachers/

The New York Times reports President Trump’s Department of Education is considering the use of federal funds to buy guns for teachers around the country.
    The funds would be dispersed to states that would then divide them among districts that allow teachers to carry gun for defense of themselves and their students.

According to the NYT, the education department is weighing their options under the auspices of a program called Student Support and Academic Enrichment grants. While some federal education programs specifically prohibit the use of funding for firearms, the program for Student Support and Academic Enrichment grants does not. And this opens the door for Education Secretary Betsy DeVos “to use her discretion to approve any state or district plans to use grant funding for firearms and firearm training.”

The program being eyed ultimately falls under the Every Student Succeeds Act, which states three goals for the use of its monies–“providing a well-rounded education, improving school conditions for learning and improving the use of technology for digital literacy.”

The education department is approaching the matter from the viewpoint that “the gun purchases could fall under improving school conditions.”

My take: It's hard for me to believe this, to be perfectly honest. Surely the NYT doesn't know what the Hell it's talking about. If it's true, on the one hand, why are taxpayer dollars paying for this, but on the other hand, is it any different than armed Air Marshalls on flights? I say: WINNING.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    My Take: Hey assholes you need to buy anyone shit, just give the green light to pack their own. See how easy that is? MAGA
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Wall Street Journal had an editorial today about how giving the Executive Branch too much power is bad.... U.S. democracy is a self correcting system that never gets it calibrated correctly, but the pendulum stay in a reasonable orbit. Paybacks can be a bitch in our system (Harry Reid).

If DeVos asserts she has the power to arbitrarily allocate DOE funds to buy guns, I stand in utter horror of what Elizabeth Warren’s Ed Secretary will do.