Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Magwell?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Which Magwell?

My gunsmith installed my last "SMITH & ALEXANDER - 1911 MAINSPRING HOUSING W/ MAGWELL" . So my question, please go to Brownells and tell me which is the easiest Magwell to install.

I have a Lipsey edition 9mm SA 1911 and I want a Magwell for it.

ideas??? Mr. Ned C., you out there ?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I think Wilson Combat makes a magwell that hooks on to the grip bushings, that's got to be the easiest. No personal experience though.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a S&A MSH that I put on my MC Operator. It went on without having to bend or grind anything. Probably the best looking one, in my opinion.

GMFBMAGGUIDE

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    S&A are easiest for install- vs. what you get.
    They are functional as well.
    I've used them on several pistols.
    Not too difficult to blend the opening into the frame if one has the patience- although this is unnecessary for function.

The Chen/EGW "cut frame, weld" style is arguably classiest- but in no way, shape or form is "easiest" on install.
    Also- with big mitts be advised this style shortens the grip, which may be a deal breaker.

S&A-

EGW_

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've had my eye on one of these. Haven't tried it yet but it looks pretty decent

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...prod26566.aspx

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    thanks for the replies. I grabbed a S&A, Ill let you know how it goes.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The easiest one to install it the Techwell. It attaches to their grips. The TGO is very nice...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I got the magwell, mark popped it in , in about 15 minutes max. Ran a match with it and shot like shit but it was no fault of the magwell. The mag exchanges were not the issue.

PB

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Good deal PB. (The magwell, not the match)
    The S&As have been a pretty good answer for years.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I think Wilson Combat makes a magwell that hooks on to the grip bushings, that's got to be the easiest. No personal experience though.
    Yeah, Wilson makes a hook-on magwell and it does work, not the most refined piece but is functional and depending on whether or not you want to modify your current grips or not, it's pretty easy to fit. I'm using one on one of my Valors, just until I get my Chen.��
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast