Quote Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
I thought I pretty much had my heart set on a BCM 11.5" upper (either the standard barrel or BFH), but now I'm considering the Sionics option as well. I plan to shoot this primarily un-suppressed (so I'm not looking at the Sionics barrel with the reduced gas port size), but am curious as to how the two might compare with a suppressor. Does the Sionics M-Lok V2 rail have built in QD sockets? The picture shows circular cut outs but the description doesn't say. I am a big fan of the BCM KMR handguard, which is why I'm maybe still leaning that way. I assume the overall weight of the two is about the same? Any input would be appreciated.
I didn't see anyone reply to your question on the QD for the Sionics rail. Now that you have yours, this might be a moot point, but I just got an upper today and the QD on my HSP sling doesn't lock in. I can pull it out with a moderate amount of force. It very well could be user error and I have yet to call Sionics to confirm. Does your example exhibit the same behavior?