Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM 11.5" vs. Sionics 11.5"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't have experience with the sionics but I have a few BCM 11.5's and also a balistic advantage 11.3 hansen profile. Both run with and w/o my can very reliably and I haven't had any issues that I can remember. Both with standard carbine buffers and springs and anything from my duty ammo to plain old 223. I also can't remember the gas port sizes off the top of my head. I know then I emailed BA they had no problem telling me and BCM would not tell me the size.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    Yes. I have shot lots of it. Works fine in the RGP barrel. I can't say for sure that I've used Wolf Gold in sub freezing temperatures. I have run PMC Bronze, Fiocchi, GECO and AE 223 through the RGP unsupressed, in the Texas "cold" (between 20 and 40 degrees) without an issue.
    PMC Bronze, for those unaware, is probably the weakest brass cased 223 on the market.

Which has me really confused.

If Sionics RGP barrel is running weak ass 223 in 20 degree weather unsuppressed why in the world are manufacturers still producing barrels with 0.080”+ gas ports?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    PMC Bronze, for those unaware, is probably the weakest brass cased 223 on the market.

Which has me really confused.

If Sionics RGP barrel is running weak ass 223 in 20 degree weather unsuppressed why in the world are manufacturers still producing barrels with 0.080”+ gas ports?
    So you can run Tula at 20 degrees?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
    I decided on the Sionics RGP, went ahead and ordered it. Thanks for the help.
    You will not be disappointed. I have a bcm elw standard and a sionics rgp barrel both are reliable. The sionics cut my group sizes in half.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    That's simple - to account for loose gas keys, leaky gas blocks, and crappy installations....

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My Sionics upper with RGP barrel functions perfectly unsuppressed with everything I’ve fed it so far, including Federal M193, Wolf Gold, and PMC Bronze. Ejection is around 3:30-4:00, with Sprinco blue spring and ST-T2 buffer. Now I just need to wait to test it in some sub zero temps.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My Sionics RGP barrel runs fine unsuppressed.
    I don’t run any anemic ammo, so I can’t vouch for that.
    I shoot a lot of the Wolf Gold.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    None of which should happen with a quality build or a factory tested assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    That's simple - to account for loose gas keys, leaky gas blocks, and crappy installations....

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Clint; 09-15-18 at 20:24.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    How is the lock up on the v3 sionics rail?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Just pinned my standard BCM 11.5" barrel at .073" dia. gas port. Have to tear down my BFH to compare.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast