Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM 11.5" vs. Sionics 11.5"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

BCM 11.5" vs. Sionics 11.5"

I thought I pretty much had my heart set on a BCM 11.5" upper (either the standard barrel or BFH), but now I'm considering the Sionics option as well. I plan to shoot this primarily un-suppressed (so I'm not looking at the Sionics barrel with the reduced gas port size), but am curious as to how the two might compare with a suppressor. Does the Sionics M-Lok V2 rail have built in QD sockets? The picture shows circular cut outs but the description doesn't say. I am a big fan of the BCM KMR handguard, which is why I'm maybe still leaning that way. I assume the overall weight of the two is about the same? Any input would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You might consider checking out BCM’s ELW profile barrel as well.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Also, does anybody know the gas port sizes of both the BCM and standard Sionics barrels?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    IIRC both are .076". Barring extreme conditions (freezing temps, etc.) you'd probably do fine completely unsuppressed with the Sionics RGP at .070", especially if you're using an A5 RE. Or if you prefer a lighter profile, pick up either barrel and put a gas port limiter (such as BRT's).
    Last edited by bruin; 08-22-18 at 19:01. Reason: Typo

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
    Also, does anybody know the gas port sizes of both the BCM and standard Sionics barrels?
    I have a BCM, but I never measured it. We've run them suppressed and not. No problems with either.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    IIRC both are .076". Barring extreme conditions (freezing temps, etc.) you'd probably do fine completely unsuppressed with the Sionics RGP at .070", especially if you're using an A5 RE. Or if you prefer a lighter profile, pick up either barrel and put a gas port limiter (such as BRT's).
    I've run the RGP barrel quite a bit in sub 32 temps. As low as 20 degrees (I live in Texas so it rarely gets colder than this) with no issue. This includes with PMC Bronze. Over a thousand rounds on multiple days, slow firing, fast firing, running drills, etc. I've run it with an A5H2 and a H2 with blue Sprinco spring. I also have a BCM EWL and is has run with no issue. BCM is a factory built upper, Sionics RGP was built by me.

NC

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    There you go, it works in the cold with weak .223 to boot. Tough to see why most civilians would need to go much bigger in GP.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    I've run the RGP barrel quite a bit in sub 32 temps. As low as 20 degrees (I live in Texas so it rarely gets colder than this) with no issue. This includes with PMC Bronze. Over a thousand rounds on multiple days, slow firing, fast firing, running drills, etc. I've run it with an A5H2 and a H2 with blue Sprinco spring. I also have a BCM EWL and is has run with no issue. BCM is a factory built upper, Sionics RGP was built by me.

NC
    Great info. Any experience with Wolf Gold?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
    Great info. Any experience with Wolf Gold?
    Yes. I have shot lots of it. Works fine in the RGP barrel. I can't say for sure that I've used Wolf Gold in sub freezing temperatures. I have run PMC Bronze, Fiocchi, GECO and AE 223 through the RGP unsupressed, in the Texas "cold" (between 20 and 40 degrees) without an issue.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I decided on the Sionics RGP, went ahead and ordered it. Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast