Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BCM 11.5" vs. Sionics 11.5"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
    I thought I pretty much had my heart set on a BCM 11.5" upper (either the standard barrel or BFH), but now I'm considering the Sionics option as well. I plan to shoot this primarily un-suppressed (so I'm not looking at the Sionics barrel with the reduced gas port size), but am curious as to how the two might compare with a suppressor. Does the Sionics M-Lok V2 rail have built in QD sockets? The picture shows circular cut outs but the description doesn't say. I am a big fan of the BCM KMR handguard, which is why I'm maybe still leaning that way. I assume the overall weight of the two is about the same? Any input would be appreciated.
    I didn't see anyone reply to your question on the QD for the Sionics rail. Now that you have yours, this might be a moot point, but I just got an upper today and the QD on my HSP sling doesn't lock in. I can pull it out with a moderate amount of force. It very well could be user error and I have yet to call Sionics to confirm. Does your example exhibit the same behavior?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    I didn't see anyone reply to your question on the QD for the Sionics rail. Now that you have yours, this might be a moot point, but I just got an upper today and the QD on my HSP sling doesn't lock in. I can pull it out with a moderate amount of force. It very well could be user error and I have yet to call Sionics to confirm. Does your example exhibit the same behavior?
    It was discussed previously, perhaps in another thread, that the anodized finish may be built up a bit too much in the QD sockets on some of their rails. I believe the fix was to insert the QD into the socket and twist it back and forth for a while to see if it will then lock in solidly. If that doesn't fix it, call Sionics and they'll get you a replacement.

ETA: Here's a link (click) to the post.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 01-09-19 at 12:04.

Feedback Score
    0uTkAst, Thanks! Stupidly, I had read that, but since I didn't own the rail at the time I suppose my brain chose not to store the info. I will get to work on the suggested fix and see if that does the trick. Still haven't contacted Sionics (caught the crud going around and was laid out), but I will do so before anything else if it persists.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don’t have that issue with mine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    0uTkAst, Thanks! Stupidly, I had read that, but since I didn't own the rail at the time I suppose my brain chose not to store the info. I will get to work on the suggested fix and see if that does the trick. Still haven't contacted Sionics (caught the crud going around and was laid out), but I will do so before anything else if it persists.
    No problem! I don't own a Sionics yet but from what I hear they've got great CS and will take care of you if that doesn't remedy it.

Feedback Score
    To provide closure the on the QD issue mentioned above, Sionics contacted me within minutes of submitting a CS message through their site. They did mention the "work in" method of rotating the QD in the socket, but they were also more than happy to have me send it in to be fixed. I was impressed with the speed of their response and their "do what it takes to make it right" attitude. They also let me know they will be changing their QC process to account for this issue in the future.

I am happy with my Sionics experience and will not hesitate to do business with them again. Further, I ran their 11.5" upper on their lower through a moderate range day and had zero issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123