Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: CZ Bren 2 in 308!!

Feedback Score
    He charges for labor and parts, but his rates are not bad at all. I usually supply whatever upgrade part I want myself, so I am just paying him to put whatever I want on the rifle. Like PNorris stated, even a lunkhead like myself can put on the stock. I will probably switch the charging handle to the right side of the rifle, as I am pretty used to that action on AK's.
    Last edited by akwalk; 09-21-18 at 18:12.

Feedback Score
    Not sure if everybody caught this, but here is a link to CZ Europe with the Bren 2 BR in 308 posted.
    Link: https://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/auto...bren-2-br.html

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This was posted on TOS. Notice how the CZ titanium reflex can reflexes over the 11" 7.62x39 barrel all the way to the handguard.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Still a massive fail IMO. Should have made the handguard at least cover as much of the barrel as the first Bren.

Also does the Bren 2 come with actual suppressed gas setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Still a massive fail IMO. Should have made the handguard at least cover as much of the barrel as the first Bren.

Also does the Bren 2 come with actual suppressed gas setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the gas ports are normal and adverse, I am sure somebody will eventually put out gas plug with suppressed settings its easy enough, I would email CZ and see what

In regard to the hand guard, There is no free lunch, A major fail of the of the first rendition was the weight, This rendition addresses that.

Its kind of like the when you put a modern handguard on a scar heavy, it goes from feel pretty light to, hmmm, this doesnt really weigh that much lighter than a SR25 ACC

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    I think the gas ports are normal and adverse, I am sure somebody will eventually put out gas plug with suppressed settings its easy enough, I would email CZ and see what

In regard to the hand guard, There is no free lunch, A major fail of the of the first rendition was the weight, This rendition addresses that.

Its kind of like the when you put a modern handguard on a scar heavy, it goes from feel pretty light to, hmmm, this doesnt really weigh that much lighter than a SR25 ACC
    I believe the cz site said 3 gas settings, so hopefully one of those is for suppressed use.

Re: scar 17 and acc weight, as an example the kdg 4.9" mrex adds 2.5 oz to the overall weight. More importantly, the center of mass on a scar is much further back since the acc has a heavier profile barrel, and this is what makes a scar feel lighter and easier to move around. Whether someone prefers one or the other rifle otherwise is a whole different story.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    The gas cylinder can be easily swapped and is the component that controls the gas port size. The reports I'm reading so far suggest the 3rd setting closes off gas completely.

The current version is identical to the Czech military version, other than trigger pack and the addition of quick detach sling mounts. If rumors are to be believed, later imports will be "Americanized" and significantly different. Changes in the method of barrel attachment and handguard length were both mentioned.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    The gas cylinder can be easily swapped and is the component that controls the gas port size. The reports I'm reading so far suggest the 3rd setting closes off gas completely.

The current version is identical to the Czech military version, other than trigger pack and the addition of quick detach sling mounts. If rumors are to be believed, later imports will be "Americanized" and significantly different. Changes in the method of barrel attachment and handguard length were both mentioned.
    I can see a later edition being shipped with an extended handguard. In regards to barrel attachment, that's a lot of re-engineering, not sure if i could see doing that as it may increase prices and make it less competitive with the Scar

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    I can see a later edition being shipped with an extended handguard. In regards to barrel attachment, that's a lot of re-engineering, not sure if i could see doing that as it may increase prices and make it less competitive with the Scar
    I hope they aren't changing the barrel attachment method. I had hoped to get a 7.62x39 kit for mine at a later date.

Feedback Score
    I got my 14" 5.56 Bren 2s in. The quality is the best I've ever seen on a firearm. Best trigger I've ever felt on a military firearm. The action feels like two blocks of glass lubed with butter. The backup sights are really nice. Top quality everywhere... with one exception.

The exception is the fit of the ar15 stock/brace adapter block at the rear. It's extremely loose. It's looser than a well-used underfolding AK stock. The internal dovetail mating the adapter to the receiver leaves at least 2mm of gap inside in the fore/aft axis, resulting in a max of about 2-3mm of gap seen at the outside seam when the adapter is pushed as far as it will go in any axis. With a brace attached, it wobbles and rattles loudly when handled. Around 1cm of wobble measured at the rear of the brace in any direction.

It could be shimmed with some effort, but I can't see any way to affix a shim so that it wouldn't be a fumble fest to replace every time the adapter is removed for cleaning. I'm hoping the issue is with an out of tolerance stock adapter, not the receiver.

As a personal aside, I have bought exactly one (1) non AR-15 longarm that didn't have some sort of major issue. A Sig MCX. I'm starting to think I'm some sort of longarm shit magnet.
    Last edited by Aries144; 09-27-18 at 05:00.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast