Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Bren 2 in 308!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    That thing looks pretty darn production ready. Are they going after military sales, civilian sales, or both. Is there any reason other than civilian sales that they would be producing this at this point?
    It's my understanding that it was originally produced for either/or the Pakistani or Czech military. Pretty sure the Pakistanis tested it quite a bit and the Czechs may pick it up.

I think the civvy market is just gravy.
    "75% of gun owners would be just as happy with airsoft." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know that the Bren 2 in 5.56 was produced for military use, however, I had not heard that was the case for the 308. Am I misinformed? That video looks like a production ready rifle. Just curious what CZs plans are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know that the Bren 2 in 5.56 was produced for military use, however, I had not heard that was the case for the 308. Am I misinformed? That video looks like a production ready rifle. Just curious what CZs plans are.
    That's the rumor I heard - that this .308 was produced either at the request of the Pakistanis, or in response to a need from them.

Everything I've heard says they do plan to release it on the US civilian market in 2019. That means about a year after that we see it...so about 2yrs from now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tim @ MAC says that this might be out by 2020...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 5.56 Bren 2 wasn't supposed to be out until 2020 and yet, some have already trickled in. I hope that the same thing happens with the 308.

Feedback Score
    The 5.56 Bren 2 wasn't supposed to be out until 2020 and yet, some have already trickled in. I hope that the same thing happens with the 308.
    That is exactly what I am thinking. That they trickle some out in a limited run, sooner than later. There are still Bren 2's available as we speak that were not reportedly going to be available until 2019 or later. So, I am hoping that later means sooner in this case.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good to know! Tim is urging folks to jump on these "pre-release" Bren 2s since they'll be the only ones for awhile.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really like what CZ is doing these days, I really think they are knocking it out of the park. While CZ's rendition of the SCAR will always be judged against the original, I am way more interested in the CZ at this point that FN. I think that at this point the 805/806 is way ahead of where the Scar is, even being developed and released 10 years ago. I wont go as far as to say its as proven or but CZ makes a damn good weapon. The fact that you can get a CZ 805/806 in 5.56/300BO/7.62x39 in both rifle and pistol configurations right now is awesome. I like how CZ is giving you 3 stock options for the Bren. CZ is supporting its modularity right from the start. CZ understood that their initial offer while good, was a little heavy and they made improvements. I can work with this.

The Scar 16 while nice is the same rifle that was released in the mid 2000's and if you want something a little different, its on you to figure it out.

From all accounts, the CZ appears to be a smoother weapon than the scar 16, from the cycling of the action to the trigger pull. There is no reason a decade after release that FN cant clean up its trigger. Same thing with the Brens finish, FN has not even attempted to ship rifles that have matching shades of FDE. they are doing all this at a significantly lower price point.

In regards to the 308 version, it looks awesome, I am going to guess its going to come in around 1000 less the a scar 17, and have both a carbine/battle rifle/pistol/DMR within the first year of release

The crazy thing is that FN has addressed essentially everything that i am excited about with CZ. Short barrels and Caliber conversions, Stock variations, better triggers, but they shelve them.

I have a modded 17(HG/Trigger/Grip/Stock) and I like it. Its a work horse. But I did have to put a 1000 dollars into it to get it where i want it. Do i think the 805/806 is going to be the ultimate be all/end all weapon system no. But i do know that I can go out right now, and get a Braced/folding 806 in 7.62x39, for significantly less than the FN counter part and thats pretty cool. I like having options.

I have a Scorpion and its a blast and look forward to seeing how far CZ will take their rendition of the scar.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Exactly. I'm honestly seeing see this as a SCAR-L or SCAR-H with about $1K in upgrades for about $1K less.

It's adopted by French GIGN, Cechia, Hungary, and competed for the Pakistani rifle program. It's definitely getting put through some paces.

Here's some more bits:
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...62x51-308-win/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well said m4hk33. I agree.

I hope you're right about different versions of the .308. If they came out with one with a shorter gas system for better balance compared to the DMR we're seeing, that would be awesome.

Bottom line: Exciting stuff.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast