Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Bren 2 in 308!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Ugh but why though. The Bren 2 looks silly with as a 11 inch. The Bren 1 was awesome looking.

If someone would create rails like the Scar has already. We need extended rails people!

Buying a 11” pistol and suppressing it is what I have been waiting for but they done and made it look silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Bren 2 project was headed by "Director of the Division of Military Weapons in České zbrojovce, Martin Šanda, a former member of the Special Operations Group (SOG) and the 601st Special Forces Group" and "chief engineer CZ BREN 2 Vladimír Šimek."

It's stated that weight and point of balance improvement over the 805 were some of Šanda and Šimek's primary concerns. Combined with the desire for an 8" barrel option, these seem to be what led to the shorter handguard.

You may find it interesting to note that the .308 version of the Bren 2 appears to have a factory front handguard extension that seems to attach much like the aftermarket one for the SCAR.

https://translate.googleusercontent....1JySzPIHuu6ayw

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnlrqWug...y=militaryarms
    Last edited by Aries144; 09-19-18 at 16:51. Reason: Correction, Martin Šanda and Vladimír Šimek

Feedback Score
    GS just sent me a couple of photos of my CZ Bren 2. It is in NFA jail, until paperwork comes through. Resized_20180920_111228.jpgResized_20180920_111235.jpgIMG_0644.jpg

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Why is your pistol in jail? Why not brace it and keep shooting while waiting for your stamp?

By the way, I wonder if the new CZ reflex suppressor would fit on that 11" due to the length of exposed barrel ..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It came with a brace, but my GS tells me that once the NFA process starts the gun has to be kept with the FFL, until I get my approval letter. Personally, I hate braces, and I would like to be able have stock options for my rifles. Also, even though waiting sucks, I have sevaral other new guns in hand to muck around with, and the wait time also gives me time to buy any accessories I need for the Bren 2.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    He is 100% wrong unless they are transferring it to you as an SBR, however, it did not come as a factory SBR. If you received it as a pistol it should be in your hands. You can do whatever you want with it while the Form 1 is pending except . . . . attach a fixed stock. I would go pick it up.

Feedback Score
    It will be transferred to me as a SBR. However, you guys maybe totally right, but my FFL/ gunsmith does thing his way. I argued this point with him, although rather meekly, I must admit. I had read and heard that you could use the firearm with a brace while your paperwork is pending, and then swap out to an AR stock when approved. My FFL told me this was incorrect. my situation is that I live in a remote area way down South. So, frankly, I am fortunate to find any competent gunsmith in my area that will even touch an AK-47, or that I would trust with my modern gunsmithing needs. So. I am very blessed to have someone competent to work on my stuff. Again, I can deal with the wait, as I have just picked up several guns that just got approved.

Feedback Score
    akwalk, did you fill out any paperwork yet? If your gunsmith is the "maker" and is going to engrave his information on the firearm, then it does have to stay with him and will transfer to you on a Form 4. Alternatively, you could have taken possession of the pistol, submitted a Form 1 yourself (which would make you the "maker") and held on to the pistol until you received the stamp. After you received the stamp you could then make it in to a SBR yourself or taken it to your gunsmith.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All that needs to be done to make this an SBR is to put a stock on it on the existing buffer tube comes with the brace. Pretty simple.

Feedback Score
    Both right. My FFL does the paperwork for free, so all I have do is fill out my portion on the Form 4 including 2 2x2 photos, get finger printed, submit everything and then wait. All I have to pay for is the standard transfer fee of the firearm, when I come to pick it up.

Feedback Score
    That's a good deal, but how much does he charge for the conversion to a SBR?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast