Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: CZ Bren 2 in 308!!

Feedback Score
    Aries144, are you going to SBR it with the factory folding stock when they become available?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Aries144, are you going to SBR it with the factory folding stock when they become available?
    Some day, yes. However, we likely have another two moves in front of us and I'm avoiding any SBRs until we're more or less permanently settled because of the PITA that causes when crossing state lines. (How the hell do you fit a two month delay from the ATF into a job related move?!) In the near term, I'm hoping to see someone come up with a brace setup similar to the one for the Scorpion Evo that uses the military stock, but replaces the butt with a brace of some sort.

Feedback Score
    That makes sense. I'll get one, but will wait until CZ has SBR conversion kits available.

Feedback Score
    Latest word is that the Americanized ones should be out by end of year. There's evidence that the Americanized version will ship with a hand guard extension. Rumor has it it won't have the Czech flash hider.

The more I play with the trigger, the more I like it.

Aside from the stock attachment on my example, everything oozes quality. Like, 1913 forged, milled, hand fit steel, quality. It beats the SCAR there for sure. The alloy chosen for the receiver certainly develops a nice hard anodized coating. Beats the hell out of 6061 with the rough, scratch prone surface it develops. Several steel components appear to be nitrided. This includes the exterior of the barrel, the flash hider,and the gas cylinder. There's a small chip in the finish on the flash hider. The nitride finish looks and feels quite thick.
    Last edited by Aries144; 09-27-18 at 16:21.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That was a lot of .308 and it was kicking his ass lol.

Cool video though. If I can get a good solution for the 11.5 in 5.56 and a good handguard I’ll get a pistol to run suppresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post

I think CZ has a winner. If they are demonstrate a fraction of the support and development that they have shown with the first bren, The Bren 2 has a bright future

Feedback Score
    I absolutely agree, and I am very happy to have found a Bren 2 available in 7.62 x 39mm. I love everything about the rifle, with maybe two exceptions. First, I might have removed the bolt release inside the trigger area, as I am not used to this feature. Second, I wish that the rifle in 7.62 x 39mm took standard AK 47 mags vs the proprietary CZ mags that come with this version. However, these are issues I can live with, as I have had no problems to date with my OEM CZ Scorpion magazines. I am also still hoping that maybe there will be an adaptation developed that allows for the use of standard AK mags with this caliber.

Here is a cool link to recent YT post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeVPIqkbv3A
    Last edited by akwalk; 09-29-18 at 05:34.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any updates?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Just waiting to see what info come from Shot Show.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast