Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Bren 2 in 308!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Less felt recoil?
    I think a brake, a can, or the design of reciprocating components are a better way to handle that. Plus you can always add weight to the rifle if you really want. Much harder to take weight off a stock rifle.

Feedback Score
    I know way less than most of you guys about long range weapons, but I would much prefer the future Bren 2 in 308 to be lighter than the Scar 17, coming in at around 7 pounds vs the 8.5 pounds it purportedly weighs.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    I think a brake, a can, or the design of reciprocating components are a better way to handle that. Plus you can always add weight to the rifle if you really want. Much harder to take weight off a stock rifle.
    How would a can decrease recoil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    A pound or so of added weight for one thing. Some claim that a can has a muzzle brake effect as well. I'm not sure about that one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, 8.5 lbs lost it for me unless it does something crazy like shoot at or under MOA. If it's another 2 MOA gun, the SCAR17 has it beat, IMHO. What advantage does it offer for having to carry an extra pound in your arms?

The SCAR weighs 8.0lbs according to FN. Others have weighed it at 8.2lbs.

The Bren 2, from what we're told, weighs 8.5lbs.

That's 0.3-0.5lb difference, not a pound.

FWIW, I think the SCAR has this thing beat right now b/c of the real-world reputation and reliability, but the CZ certainly has potential.
    Last edited by SniperOverwatch; 09-12-18 at 21:37.
    "75% of gun owners would be just as happy with airsoft." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperOverwatch View Post
    FWIW, I think the SCAR has this thing beat right now b/c of the real-world reputation and reliability, but the CZ certainly has potential.
    Agreed. The Scar is an established platform, but it was also the new kid on the block at one time. Although, I breifly owned a Scar 17S, I have never had the need to deal with FNH customer service, so I cannot speak about that. From my brief exposure, the Scar 17S is an excellent rifle. If opportunity and funds should present themselves, I would be happy to have another Scar 17.
    That said, I also highly anticipate what CZ can come up with in a 308 package. I own a Scorpion, and after some modifications, the Scorpion has morphed into an excellent little SBR. If the Bren 2 in 308 comes in at half the price of the 17S and continues to build upon the Bren 2 and Scorpion platforms, CZ will likely have a serious contender.
    Last edited by akwalk; 09-13-18 at 02:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperOverwatch View Post
    The SCAR weighs 8.0lbs according to FN. Others have weighed it at 8.2lbs.

The Bren 2, from what we're told, weighs 8.5lbs.

That's 0.3-0.5lb difference, not a pound.

Whoops. Thanks for that. I had it in my head that the unloaded weight was 7.5lbs. I'm looking now and see that The SCAR16 is listed at 7.7lbs, and that's heavier than I remembered it being.

With that in mind, the .308 Bren certainly looks better. If it's easier on optics and has a sturdier stock, and it accepts Magpul type mags, that's worth an extra .5 lb. So much the better if it's only .3 lbs. That's basically a SCAR with all the aftermarket upgrades, and likely at half the cost.
    Last edited by Aries144; 09-13-18 at 02:40.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Whoops. Thanks for that. I had it in my head that the unloaded weight was 7.5lbs. I'm looking now and see that The SCAR16 is listed at 7.7lbs, and that's heavier than I remembered it being.

With that in mind, the .308 Bren certainly looks better. If it's easier on optics and has a sturdier stock, and it accepts Magpul type mags, that's worth an extra .5 lb. So much the better if it's only .3 lbs. That's basically a SCAR with all the aftermarket upgrades, and likely at half the cost.
    No worries.

Yep, that says it well. They capitalized well on the SCAR's (few) shortcomings. Now we just have to wait until it gets over here. I'm guessing 2+ years.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    More photos are coming out. We have video now too.

I hope they fix the odd pattern on the plastic parts for the production guns. That charging handle could use some work too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That thing looks pretty darn production ready. Are they going after military sales, civilian sales, or both. Is there any reason other than civilian sales that they would be producing this at this point?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast