Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun in every room of your house ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Gun in every room of your house ?

My setup is the zenith z5RS sbr in the living room corner . I run the sbr arsenal ak krink in the kitchen and my colt m4 sbr with Aimpoint in the bedoolm. A throwdown Glock 22 is in a bathroom sink drawer and my atei kissed Glock 19 on the nightstand . Hoping I’ve covering my basses. Home invasions are more prevalent and you must prepare . No kids in the house.... just my wife who is another gun fag.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yes, there is a gun in every room with me in my house - it's called my G19 CCW, always on my hip.

Makes it about 1000 times easier that stashing stuff all over.

YMMV.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m unfamiliar with the term Gun fag.

But do you run the guns in each room? Or discard them and transition to the new gun upon entry?

I keep my guns in a safe and just keep one readily accessible near by, it seems easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Handgun Forum - Check
    Thread starts off with SBRs - Check
    Facebook-like Post - Check

Would love to see your collection though, sounds nice.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If the bad guy comes in through the kitchen and you're in the bedroom we'll finally be able to settle the AK vs AR debate.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Sounds like you are ready for anything!

I never discredit anyone who prepares themselves and their families for any type of event. Some people are just more prepared than others and I'm not sure myself what is considered sufficiently protected these days. Hahah. I'm certainly not where I'd like to be. In reality, I think just having a plan is essential. Home burglaries seem to be more targeted robberies than random events and knowing your home and where to go is important imo.

I'd be always wary of who comes into your house.. any interior maintanace -dont leave anything of real value out. Word of mouth of what you have travels fast, but also your security system. They study it and see if its worth the grab. I have watched them countless times looking around at my cameras. So dummy cameras can even be effective.

Regardless, it's always best to be prepared. Why not? When you have kids in multiple rooms, it's a very different situation. No firearms throughout the house with the little guys.

I live in a decent area with very low crime, gated community, secure door access, hurricane proof windows, 12 cameras, monitors in 2 different rooms, and ADT pulse (max security) and I still keep a 7" super shorty 12g in a hidden compartment next to the bed with electronic earpro in the drawer. A Glock 17 in another area hidden. We have a plan in place if things bump in the night.

I carry my g43 and, if off, is in the kitchen hidden - but quick access.

I figured that is enough and if someone sneaks into the community, blatantly disregards the security system signs, alarm, cameras etc you are doing some things in your life you shouldn't be and they are coming to kill your ass! Lol

But seriously, certain dogs can be even more effective and better security than any device.

I say whatever makes you and your family sleep better at night and also feel comfortable and protected in your castle- Do it!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds like a 5 room house... my house is a bit larger, and that isn't meant as a brag, but it does explain why I believe in defense in depth. You can have guns in each room, and if you don't have dogs I'll point out you aren't prepared. If you don't have areas cleared around your house, you aren't prepared. The list goes on and on, but the concept of a weapon in each room is such a small piece of the pie that it takes actually being prepared out of context.

I don't think you will find many people on this board will to tell you the layout of their weapon in their house. Most of us would think it to be low grade trolling to even ask.

Best of luck to you, and I pray you never have to use any of your firearms to defend yourself or house.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Keep in mind the more guns you have laying around the more opportunity for an unauthorized individual getting a hold of them.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I live in a 1 bedroom with my wife, so I guess I do have guns all throughout the house!

Jokes aside, I used to do that, but stopped. The reality is, I'm more likely to have my gear stolen by all the management and maintenance folks coming into my apartment when I'm at work then face a home intrusion. I have one on or near me when at home, but the rest goes in a bolted safe.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I keep my G19 on me and then it goes on my nightstand at bed time. Other stuff stays locked up because I don't want some dumb kids to swipe a gun during a snatch and grab while the house is unoccupied.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast