Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 50% off

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Any idea when any of the next gen rails will be available?
    We are a long way off, I'm not talking about a new rail, I'm talking about an entirely new way of looking at what rails do. MLOK and Keymod aren't even close as they are simply a mounting system which puts the mount on the inside making it more difficult to damage the mounting surface, as well as lighter. Tubular rails like PRI started this trend, so M&K aren't really new, they are just a new take on the way things install.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    We are a long way off, I'm not talking about a new rail, I'm talking about an entirely new way of looking at what rails do. ....
    NDA's aside, is there anything you CAN tell us about this?
    I'm intrigued...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    NDA's aside, is there anything you CAN tell us about this?
    I'm intrigued...
    Nope, I've already hit the rev limiter of what I can deliver. Sorry.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Geissele just dropped new rail with ARCA rail on bottom. After seeing it on AR based rail, I retract my previous surmations about it somehow being the future. Perhaps the concept will be there in regards to freedom of placement/integration, but I think its too bulky on an AR.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    After I just bought a 15” Mk 4 for my Grendel, FML. That said, I don’t think the new 16” rail looks too bulky to be used on a precision SPR-type build.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    We are a long way off, I'm not talking about a new rail, I'm talking about an entirely new way of looking at what rails do.
    Well at the end of the day it’s a grabby thing you put your hand on so, unless they replaced the metal or carbon fiber or whatever tube with a force field or some shit then it’s not very revolutionary. There’s literally no new “entirely new way” you can look at attaching shit to a tube. That sounds like the sales pitch from some infomercial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Well at the end of the day it’s a grabby thing you put your hand on so, unless they replaced the metal or carbon fiber or whatever tube with a force field or some shit then it’s not very revolutionary. There’s literally no new “entirely new way” you can look at attaching shit to a tube. That sounds like the sales pitch from some infomercial.
    I don't watch TV, so I'll take your word for it.

You are incorrect, but I have zero intention, desire, or need to debate what I know and have laid hands on (only in prototype form).
    Stick

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have only one MLOK rail from the G man. I've not had any issues with mounts locking up tight. Never had any experience with keymod so can't speak to that.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    I've always thought the KAC URX3.1 was the perfect rail. Its thin where you grip it and it has the 1913 sections where you most likely will use them. It can have more sections installed on the sides via a tapped hole (like M-lok or Keymod, but simplier). I think M-Lok is here to stay so maybe replace the tapped holes with M-lok cuts. I think Geissele has a rail like that:

https://geissele.com/super-modular-r...m-lok-748.html

I think Geissele has a better barrel nut system (the rail can be removed, swapped with a longer one, etc without taking apart the upper) than the KAC. Maybe I should switch to Geissele Mk4 rails.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    The question is, what else can a handguard do? For example, there is the Wilcox Powered Rails and related systems: http://soldiersystems.net/2017/02/13...fusion-system/

Integration with power, illumination, aiming devices, navigation, etc. are all possible ideas, particularly if it can be done in a modular fashion.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast