Thread: glock 19 slide stuck on glock 34 frame

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

glock 19 slide stuck on glock 34 frame

So I made a rather silly mistake. I was cleaning my glock 19 and my glock 34. I went to put my 19 back together and accidentally slid it on top of my glock 34 frame. For the life of me, I can't get it to come off. I am comfortable doing a complete strip of the firearm, and know the parts. This was just a dumb mistake.

I can't pull the slide to the rear to get slide lock, or even close. Furthest I can get it is the end plate is just shy of flush with back of frame. I have no way to go under bottom of slide to remove end plate or use armorer's tool to get spring pressure off of striker.

Anyone have any tips on how get the 19 slide off of the 34 frame?
    Last edited by Bang4Buck; 08-25-18 at 15:49.

Feedback Score
    I've actually made the same error, but with my G19Gen5 slide onto my G17Gen5 frame.
    I beat the slide off with a non-marring mallet. The permanent damage was a cracked trigger mechanism housing.

Although the trigger mechanism housing still worked ok, a chunk of polymer was broken off and I ordered and installed a new housing.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Make sure you are pulling the trigger to the rear as you pull the slide forward.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It is pulled to the rear. I can only pull the slide back about 1/8th of an inch. And can't push the slide forward at all. Last time I will ever work on 2 glocks at the same time. IMG_1568.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Make sure you are pulling the trigger to the rear as you pull the slide forward.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Well I managed to fix the problem. What I had to do was put the slide against the table edge so that the barrel clears, then push down and try to force the slide back far enough to pull the slide lock down. I had to use a lot of pressure but it worked.

Hope that helps anyone else who ever makes the same mistake.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    For anyone else if you can get slide far enough back to depress firing pin sleeve, you can remove the striker from rear of slide and it will slide right off.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    For future reference taking out the trigger housing pin will assist in removing it. I don't recall which two models were involved, but that's what worked for us when it was dropped off. Yours may have been locked up in a different spot, but worth a shot.