Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KAC can on 11.5

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

KAC can on 11.5

Hi guys:
    I’m about to pull a trigger on my first can, I’m dead set on a KAC can, it will run on 11.5 mod 1 or mod 2.

Should I get the full size 556 qdc or the cqb one? Plz give me your opinion on it.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Full size if you want more suppression, CQB if you want the most compact package. I run my mini/CQB cans on everything 12.5” and above and my full-size cans on my 11.5” and 10.3” barrels.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

KAC can on 11.5

Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Full size if you want more suppression, CQB if you want the most compact package. I run my mini/CQB cans on everything 12.5” and above and my full-size cans on my 11.5” and 10.3” barrels.
    I think Chuck P said 12.5 is the shortest barrel you should go for a mini suppressor, anything under should get a full size. Can’t remember why, but it was in one of the P&S modcasts. Granted he was talking about SF cans on non KAC guns I think, but still.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    That’s was my initial thoughts too. But I see plenty of people use cqb cans on 11.5, I think their theory is 11.5 is gonna be loud no matter what can you put on, why not used the shortest/lightest one available

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    The full sized QDC is significantly quieter, especially if not wearing hearing protection.
    If you're wearing hearing protection, the difference between the two cans doesn't seem like much, but that's because of 25-30dB drop on the front end from the hearing protection making the difference much less drastic.
    The CQB can was made for folks that need the absolute smallest possible OAL, are using hearing protection most of the time anyway, or that sound level isn't the most important factor.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The entire reason I got my Mod 2 CQB was so that the OAL would be tolerable with the QDC (vs running the shorty and being louder) can and I have zero regrets. Great combination.

I don't have metering equipment but with the QDC can on my 11.5" or 16" I can't tell the difference.

Unsuppressed, sure, it is obvious. But I put the QDC on either and it is the typical full size can on a 5.56 supersonic sound.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think 12.5 is borderline for a mini, but if it's just home defense, one CQB battle isn't going to make you deaf. But for training with no ears I want a full sized can on anything below 14.5. That's just my preference.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ll probably order a QDC can for now to try it out. Could someone suggest a good dealer where I can order the suppressor from? Maybe they will hook me up a deal!

Feedback Score
    12.5 barrel + mini can is about the same as 11.5” + fs can.
    Either will be quieter than an 11.5+ mini.

That said, its not like either will give you no hearing loss indoors and mini+11.5” will make you deaf... its shorter, lighter and louder... a bit of each.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just ordered 556QDC can...will see how it goes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast