Thread: Aero Precision 6.5 Grendel upper?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Aero Precision 6.5 Grendel upper?

Does anybody have experience with Aero Precision’s Grendel uppers and their Grendel bcg? I don’t think they’ve been out long but I can’t find anything with a search?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've been eying them, but did not find it a compelling deal vs the AA light barrel and an ALG hg.

Feedback Score
    They are ballistic advantage barrels so should be pretty accurate. Aero isn't top tier but their stuff isn't bad. If you catch them on sale you can get them at it good prices as well

I have also heard good intial reports on the PSA 6.5g uppers as well. They are shooting moa and pricing is only around $325-400 for a complete urg with bcg.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks. I was looking at them because the other companies that seem to offer Grendel aren’t known to me. I’ve seen a few QC horror stories with PSA and I know nothing about AA or BCA who seem to be mentioned a bit on 65grendel.com

Feedback Score
    SOLGW does a 6.5g. Known quality

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post
    SOLGW does a 6.5g. Known quality

WAT?! That is great to hear! Thx

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JC0352 View Post
    Thanks. I was looking at them because the other companies that seem to offer Grendel aren’t known to me. I’ve seen a few QC horror stories with PSA and I know nothing about AA or BCA who seem to be mentioned a bit on 65grendel.com
    I didn't know about sons of liberty. They make good stuff.

PSA has gotten much better in the QC/QA and customer service department. They have a rep on TOS that can help if there would be any issues. I wouldn't consider them for a serious use gun, but for range and hunting I would (and have)

AA is gtg from what I know. He had a lot to do with development of the platform. Stay far away from BCA plenty of known issues.

I think DSA and jse surplus have uppers in 6.5 g as well. I believe DSA uses the Odin works barrel/BCG combo which isn't bad of you wanted a few more options
    Last edited by everready73; 08-27-18 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the input. I actually have a PSA chf barreled upper from 2012 but wouldn’t ever buy another today with options like SOLGW, Sionics, etc...

The Grendel is research I’m helping my dad with, he’s looking for a new toy in an AR platform. I think it’ll fit his requirements better than 6.8, .300 or Valkyrie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JC0352 View Post
    WAT?! That is great to hear! Thx
    Its an option for the Timothy Murphy rifle if i recall. Maybe for others also.

I just got my 308 from them. Took a long time, but its very nice and shoots superbly. SOLGW builds good shit.

I do have a sorta-sionics 6.5g, but its a one-off. Right place at the right time