Thread: DA/SA unsuitable for the tactical population?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhunden View Post
    That's not the point. So DA is better if the swinger is shooting back?

The example is that at fast moving target requires a fast, accurate shot without moving your sights. This is even more pronounced when the target is human and shoots back. 0,3 s faster is a lifetime in a tactical situation.

Years of cops wearing revolvers/DA/SA doesn't give us any indication of what the best choice is NOW.
    That is exactly the point, you choose the thread title DA/SA unsuitable for the tactical population? and you made the assertion: my view is that DA isn't really suited neither for civilians nor the tactical population. I note that your choice wasn't DA/SA unsuitable for the GAMER population or my view is that DA isn't really suited for the GAMER population.

Show me a bad guy that behaves like a Texas Star or a Swinger.

If a shooter for some reason prefers the DA/SA or DAO configuration and practices as they should, they are not at the substantial disadvantage you posit.

Pretty sure about 15% of the shooters coming through our facility (state academy) were using DA/SA when I retired in 2016.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 08-30-18 at 10:35.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee