Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Green Eotech

Feedback Score
    For the last few years I've been leery of Eotech due to their infamous issues, but dang that reticle makes me want one.

I haven't kept up with the scuttlebutt. Are Eotechs mostly GTG now or are they still sort of frowned upon?

Are some models better than others?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    For the last few years I've been leery of Eotech due to their infamous issues, but dang that reticle makes me want one.

I haven't kept up with the scuttlebutt. Are Eotechs mostly GTG now or are they still sort of frowned upon?

Definitely still frowned upon by a lot of people because of what happened. Not sure where the products stand - I’ve seen plenty of people claiming that they’ve had no issues with the newer models, but I’ve also seen some people claim that there are still problems. Personally I haven’t seen any proof of problems arising and one of the guys that said they’re still having issues works for Aimpoint I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m curious as to how well, or how poorly, the green reticle can be picked up with a background predominately covered with foliage.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post

They are fine. Even the "issues" they had were pretty much BS that got spun up by the internet. The issue they had would only affect about 1% of the people that actually used them.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    They are fine. Even the "issues" they had were pretty much BS that got spun up by the internet. The issue they had would only affect about 1% of the people that actually used them.
    This FTW. My 512 never gave any issues whatsoever. Great optic, great reticle. OP id probably opt for the red reticle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    I’m curious as to how well, or how poorly, the green reticle can be picked up with a background predominately covered with foliage.
    Make the reticle brighter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Definitely still frowned upon by a lot of people because of what happened. Not sure where the products stand - I’ve seen plenty of people claiming that they’ve had no issues with the newer models, but I’ve also seen some people claim that there are still problems. Personally I haven’t seen any proof of problems arising and one of the guys that said they’re still having issues works for Aimpoint I believe.
    They've reworked the sights from inside out. If you compare the late 2017/2018 production Eotech to one from 2007, even the housing are made of different type of plastic.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    They've reworked the sights from inside out. If you compare the late 2017/2018 production Eotech to one from 2007, even the housing are made of different type of plastic.
    I'm not saying that they didn't make them better, just that a lot of people still don't like them. I've always been an EOTech fan purely because of the reticle.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I'm not saying that they didn't make them better, just that a lot of people still don't like them. I've always been an EOTech fan purely because of the reticle.
    You have to understand that majority of people don't understand how optics work (ask me how I know this). Thermal drift is not a problem exclusive on Eotech but optics in general.

It still offers various advantages over LED. Such as having the front glass completely destroyed and still works.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF?Shane View Post
    Make the reticle brighter.
    Not sure that would help much if the background & reticle colors are the same.

I guess it just depends on the use of the optic & the location.

I like the appearance of the green reticle but I’ll have to stick with the red.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast