Thread: Savage MSR .308 Hunter

Feedback Score

Savage MSR .308 Hunter

New guy here (very first post) and dying to find out what the experts have to say about the Savage MSR Hunter. Been looking for a AR 10 style .308 for hunting, target and home defense (SHTF) duty. Can't seem to find out a lot about how their holding up to hard use and if the problems that most new gun have have been worked out.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Think they mirror the small frame that DPMS started with and other manufacturers have been building. The savage magazine articles have been favorable and they look to have some cool features. That said I have not seen anything with respect to hard use and durability of them.

Feedback Score
    Info has been hard to come by in the searches I've made on the Savage as well as others, spent a lot of time looking a a Windham SRC .308 and also looked at a Armalite. Would love to have something with a little longer barrel then 16" to cut down on the blast factor but the choices are slim unless your made of money and I'm not.

Feedback Score
    Since Savage MSR info is so hard to come by I'll throw another rifle into the mix, How about the APF Alex Pro firearms? Any body know much on them and their .308 guns, they look nice but how do they hold up?
    Thanks,

Feedback Score
    I went with an Adams Arms Small Frame 308. The blast isn't too bad from the 16" barrel They had some issues out of the gate with port sizing but mine has run well with some really cheap crap ammo. I was please with the accuracy of it. That and being piston driven makes for little clean up.