Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk 262 - Military usage

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Why dont we issue out guys tbbc or some other bonded round for general purpose.

Seems like an accurate bonded SP (tbbc or 75gr golddot)and AP ammo would satisfy everything... but bbonded stuff has lead and thats icky...
    At least thats what Ive gathered, please correct if wrong because Im curious.
    We like to seemingly follow the Hague even though we never signed it so using purposely designed expanding bullets a no go. I can also imagine the BC is pretty bad on a TBBC.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I have no direct experience with it. The design seems good, and I’m glad USMC had the stones to adopt it.

I was really skeptical of 855a1 when it came out, but have come to like it.
    Agreed. I have very limited use with it but was pretty impressed at the groups I got out of it compared to 855.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used M262 exclusively in 2005 with my SDM-R. Was accurate enough out to at least 800 meters. I was far more hampered by my ACOG than the ammo when shooting at range. Lethality was good out to at least 410 meters (my longest shot).

My old squad leader went SF and had kills out to 400 meters with M262 ot if his Mk18.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Why dont we issue out guys tbbc or some other bonded round for general purpose.

Seems like an accurate bonded SP (tbbc or 75gr golddot)and AP ammo would satisfy everything... but bbonded stuff has lead and thats icky...
    At least thats what Ive gathered, please correct if wrong because Im curious.
    TBBC (Federal LE223T3) aka FBI556T3 is without question the best bonded SP around. BC isn’t the greatest. Flat base as well. It isn’t made for long range. Different animal. SOST is very close. M855A1 is a pretty darn good round now. Took awhile to get it right though.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Is there a better value for a citizen to use against unarmored threats?
    IE, is there something that costs less that could be used effectively out of a wide variety of barrel length.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    IE, is there something that costs less that could be used effectively out of a wide variety of barrel length.
    I feel there might be comparison made to the Tipped Match Kings, but the price might lessen the value of the performance gains.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Gold Dot/Fusion is inexpensive and is an excellent bullet. I would call it a comparatively good value. It is also better at barrier penetration than mk262. I’m sure they’d finally load it to 5.56 pressure if a military contract was in the balance.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Fusion 62gn SP or gold dot. same bullet as Speer Gold dot. Devastating round. Fair priced
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This is a good deal. They're similar to Fusion and Gold Dot.

Nosler 22 Caliber 64 Grain Bonded Solid Base Bullets w/ Cannelure (BLEM) - 100ct

$19.99

http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosle...lem-100ct.html
    Last edited by Waylander; 08-30-18 at 23:24.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I was going to mention Fusion but I have no idea how it performs out of different barrel lengths. Anyone have experience?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast