Thread: Guncrafter Industries magazine question

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Guncrafter Industries magazine question

I see that Guncrafter ships their guns with, “tuned,” Wilson Combat magazines. I have read that there can be some (mild, ocassional) issues with their pistols with stock Wilson magazines in 9mm.

Does anybody know about function of GI guns in 45 Auto with stock Wilson magazines?

Thanks!
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Probably fine. 9mms often need the follower tweaked to engage the slide stop correctly.

Feedback Score
    Never an issue with my Guncrafter 9mm and Wilson 9mm mags, good to go

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I asked GI directly and was told that my Wilson magazines should work fine, but that they only warranty and guarantee function of the pistol with the magazines they have tuned for it.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My Wilson should work fine with Wilson mags too, but I've had to tune a couple. That's life.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I've never needed to tune a Wilson magazine and I've had one Wilson, three Nighthawks, three Dan Wessons, two Colts, one Springfield (MC Op), and more Kimbers than I can remember or dare to admit (most of them Warriors, one Desert Warrior, and one SIS RL). And now I have a GI.

Couldn't see a difference between the, "tuned," Wilson magazines and my unaltered Wilson magazines - except for the round spring in the tuned magazines (all my Wilsons have, "+P," flat springs). So I put the tuned magazines in the GI bag, loaded up some of my ETM +Ps, and the first round went into the chamber smooth-as-butter. Even the Wilson and Nighthawks I've had have had kind of a, "ka-chunk," when chambering. I'm reasonably certain that I will have zero issues with magazines.

Apart from the thumb safety on this pistol necessitating altering any grips I want to put on it (which I did to a set of my ivory-colored G10s - and probably got some cancer for my trouble), this is the nicest pistol I've ever had - nicer even than the Wilson or Nighthawks.
    - Samuel Adams -