Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dicks is destroying their assualt style rifles (DICKS SPORTING GOODS CONTENT HERE)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    SAY 'GOODBYE' TO A BUNCH OF DICK'S

https://outline.com/MpmTGg

My take: I grew up in world where if you made a decision that cost the company business you would be in the unemployment line the next day. I guess liberalism is more important than the bottom line anymore.
    The only thing worse than virtue signaling is virtue signaling with other people's money. It takes a real leader to take a position and have it paid for by the people that trusted you with the money. Now let's hope the lawyers will swoop in and start lawsuits about failing their fiduciary and leader responsibilities.

Hard t defend losing money by refusing to sell sporting goods, when selling sporting goods is your business.

I refuse to go to Dicks. I go to Big Five instead.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    No kidding.... 'hey guys, I lost my money and yours, but hey, I'd do it again.... oh, and guess what? ... we're going to lose even more!!

What a moron.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    SAY 'GOODBYE' TO A BUNCH OF DICK'S

https://outline.com/MpmTGg

My take: I grew up in world where if you made a decision that cost the company business you would be in the unemployment line the next day. I guess liberalism is more important than the bottom line anymore.
    I think what we need to be aware of is that CEO Ed Stack is the son of the founder, purchased the company from his father (along with his siblings), took it public and is the majority shareholder.

So he is probably not going to be fired anytime soon.

Vote with your wallet - I go through a lot of .22 - Dick's was generally one of the places I purchased from - haven't set foot in the place since they started virtue signaling. I'm sure that they haven't noticed my individual decision, but as we can see, collectively, there is strength.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 12-10-18 at 17:10.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I think what we need to be aware of is that CEO Ed Stack is the son of the founder, purchased the company from his father (along with his siblings), took it public and is the majority shareholder.

So he is probably not going to be fired anytime soon.

Vote with your wallet - I go through a lot of .22 - Dick's was generally one of the places I purchased from - haven't set foot in the place since they started virtue signaling.
    Oh, thank you for explaining that.

Translation: Father works hard building the business into a multi-outlet empire. Worthless uninterested liberal-educated child takes over the company and uses it for SJW retardedness. Worthless child has all kinds of warm fuzzies knowing he saved the world from dad's misguided sale of firearms. Hundreds of people on the way to being out of work wonder how their country is being stolen from them by the brain-dead.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This is a good example of how capitalism works, as long as the government keeps their hands out of it. Now let's say some SJW's in Congress decide, like they did with GM and Solindra, that Dick's does something they really like in spite of the demands of the market so they subsidize them at taxpayer's expense. Dick's would continue on with their idiocy while us taxpayers sucked up their expenses. But, at least at this point, Dick's stupid decision is costing them millions and forcing store closures while the other big box sporting goods stores pick up their slack.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The CEO will never say his decision ref guns was a factor in the store’s initial collapse. To admit that would put him at the wrath of stockholders who are only interested in the bottom dollar. Then the stockholders would hit his $$$.

Corporate Gun Control Fail: Dick's May Close 35 Stores Across 18 State
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...oss-18-states/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good! I hope they go under!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I hope we start seeing more companies suffer the consequences of their actions. It's a shame it isn't happening to larger companies who are doing the real damage.

A few years ago I was laid off and took a job at a distribution center for Walmart while looking for better work. During the initial new hire training they had a section specifically for work place violence. In this section they mention employees who own weapons, especially "assault style" weapons, as being threats to the company and its employees. The training asked that anyone known to have assault style weapons and stockpiles of ammo be reported to upper management immediately. Needless to say, I found another job quickly thereafter.

This is the kind of crap going on inside nearly ever major company in the US. There is a reason you don't see pro second ammendment, constitution loving CEO's at these companies. It's all by design and they know what the end game is.

Sadly, until we get more folks to see things our way and convince them to buy elsewhere, even at a great inconvenience, we'll continue to lose. Buying our food from local farmers markets (or producing it ourselves), buying products from small retailers locally, cutting out cable/satellite TV and similar services, homeschooling our children, and choosing not to send our children to left leaning "colleges" are all things we should be doing. Problem is most aren't nearly switched on enough to make these changed and thus we slip deeper into the hole every passing day.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    A few years ago I was laid off and took a job at a distribution center for Walmart while looking for better work. During the initial new hire training they had a section specifically for work place violence. In this section they mention employees who own weapons, especially "assault style" weapons, as being threats to the company and its employees. The training asked that anyone known to have assault style weapons and stockpiles of ammo be reported to upper management immediately. Needless to say, I found another job quickly thereafter.
    I ponder as to why the Walmart corporation is fearful of their own employees, guilty conscience much?

The irony of course is that Walmart sells 5.56, 7.62 NATO, 7.62 Russian ammo in their stores as well as steel M2A1 ammo cans.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I ponder as to why the Walmart corporation is fearful of their own employees, guilty conscience much?

The irony of course is that Walmart sells 5.56, 7.62 NATO, 7.62 Russian ammo in their stores as well as steel M2A1 ammo cans.
    Window dressing. PC compliance. SJW sympathizing bullshit. One thing I learned about corporate America is that the only difference between a whore and an executive is that generally a whore can wash off the filth with a nice long bath. An executive would have to have a soul transplant.

It's all a bunch of "look how conscientious we are" bullcrap.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast