Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Ryan (Prime 2018)

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I think we have a John Clark. Unless the blue-eyed SAD guy is someone else.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I think we have a John Clark. Unless the blue-eyed SAD guy is someone else.
    "Garth"?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    sadly for me a let down for sure
    3 episodes in and getting worse every episode

typical modern crap with agenda driven story underneath it all
    Last edited by Honu; 08-31-18 at 06:59.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post

Krasinksi is big Dem in real life, so it doesn't surprise me that much. Despite that, I thought he did a good job in "13 Hours".

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post

Krasinksi is big Dem in real life, so it doesn't surprise me that much. Despite that, I thought he did a good job in "13 Hours".

Feedback Score
    Not really spoilers since it is in the first episode as set ups:

That the antagonists would be complex and not just one-dimensional is a Clancy hallmark- look at The Archer from "Some of all Fears".
    I hope Ryan isn't a BoyScout like his wife was in Sicario. Greer is in a different place than in the books, almost a John Brennan (F no please) and a Saul (Homeland) character.

Got through the third episode, which I agree seems to start to fracture the story line and slow down- but Clancy's stuff was like that. You'd have some story line that would hang out there until it crashed into the main characters.

If episode four doesn't track better, I think the wife and I will pivot to Ozark and come back to this later.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    How cool would Without Remorse be?
    Very cool as a full movie. Who would be the ideal Clark? ...or in the other stories, the ideal Chavez?
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 08-31-18 at 09:08. Reason: added stuff

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Watched episode 1 last night. I don't know the Clancy character beyond what I've seen in the movies. Decent acting and writing. Good action. Overall, good production value. I'm not "hooked" yet, but will continue to watch it to see if it can keep me interested.

Feedback Score
    First episode - I enjoyed the USCG Jayhawk in the birthday party scene. Your tax dollars at work.

That said, first episode would end in real life with four streaks from the Hellfires ending the rest of the series.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    First episode - I enjoyed the USCG Jayhawk in the birthday party scene. Your tax dollars at work.

That said, first episode would end in real life with four streaks from the Hellfires ending the rest of the series.
    Headlights and taillights.. I know they had to do it for TV, what are they going to show, a black screen? That was pretty weak.

I thought the two guys were going to go full homo on the dock for a minute.

What do you think about the guys playing the SF guys? Don't seem like your usual action movie extras.

Anyone else think Cathy is a little chunky?

This was made by Paramount, just like Yellowstone.

It's that simple.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast