Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Jack Ryan (Prime 2018)

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Compound that with: a) falling asleep in the open, b) falling asleep without your weapon in close contact and attached to your person, c) allowing a child to acquire your weapon because of points a & b - and somehow this guy is supposed to be a top tier operator??? This guy wouldn't make it through AIT in the real military.

They definitely need to get some new writers.
    Argh! I haven't got that far yet! That's OK.....

SWCC are studs. They are not second-place SEALs; they are freaking varsity in their own right. That character started out that was for sure but is seems as the series progresses he turns more into clown shoes.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Compound that with: a) falling asleep in the open, b) falling asleep without your weapon in close contact and attached to your person, c) allowing a child to acquire your weapon because of points a & b - and somehow this guy is supposed to be a top tier operator??? This guy wouldn't make it through AIT in the real military.

They definitely need to get some new writers.
    Argh! I haven't got that far yet! That's OK.....

SWCC are studs. They are not second-place SEALs; they are freaking varsity in their own right. That character started out that was for sure but is seems as the series progresses he turns more into clown shoes.

Feedback Score
    The series is totally unfaithful to the Clancy brand and legacy. And it is heading in the wrong direction. Not saying it is horrible TV, just that it’s not Clancy. Compare Clear and Present Danger to this last season.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The series is totally unfaithful to the Clancy brand and legacy. And it is heading in the wrong direction. Not saying it is horrible TV, just that it’s not Clancy. Compare Clear and Present Danger to this last season.
    I think after Clancy died (and even before when he was ghostwriting with that other author) his 'brand' started going downhill. I think if you read them as stand-alones or without context, they are OK, but in context to his library, the later stuff just doesn't measure up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I think after Clancy died (and even before when he was ghostwriting with that other author) his 'brand' started going downhill. I think if you read them as stand-alones or without context, they are OK, but in context to his library, the later stuff just doesn't measure up.
    The book on SSNs was good, but the slide I think started with Executive Orders. Red Rabbit was attempt to get the old mojo back, but the next book, Teeth of the Tiger I don't even remember.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not well done. They could not find stock footage of the US Embassy in Moscow? I could have sent them some.

Then many technical detail errors and other silliness, like imaging sats in geo orbit? And a PNG'ed ambassador has the pull to get an anti-sat weapon deployed? And JR travels for DOS on an official passport not a Dip one?

On the other hand I watched SEAL Team this week and they guy was rattling off facts about HK weapons in the cage with precision.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Not well done. They could not find stock footage of the US Embassy in Moscow? I could have sent them some.

Then many technical detail errors and other silliness, like imaging sats in geo orbit? And a PNG'ed ambassador has the pull to get an anti-sat weapon deployed? And JR travels for DOS on an official passport not a Dip one?

On the other hand I watched SEAL Team this week and they guy was rattling off facts about HK weapons in the cage with precision.
    My wife riffed on the Kremlin picture too. That’s not good...

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    The SWCC guy, don't get me started. He would know his lane; he'd not leave "his" boat. If the booger-eaters were around he might move it up/downriver and the SAD team implement the PACE/E&E plan, but he would not leave the boat.
    That whole thing was messed up, like the speech about how Uber didn't get passed BUDs and ended up SWCC, those guys go through tough training too and are some bad ass dudes. You're not demoted to SWCC because you didn't passed BUDs, you choose SWCC or SEAL path as far as I know. Then him leaving his boat, and what about the coms thing?! If a little water killed the coms SOF used, no one would have any coms! There was a lot of stuff like that in this season. They're getting a bit lazy it seems. Season 1 was solid, 2 is more 7/10 so far.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Loved the first season. Enjoying some of the storyline and characters of the second.

But the writing is not good. And Krasinski seems to not be enjoying his job in it.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    That whole thing was messed up, like the speech about how Uber didn't get passed BUDs and ended up SWCC, those guys go through tough training too and are some bad ass dudes. You're not demoted to SWCC because you didn't passed BUDs, you choose SWCC or SEAL path as far as I know. Then him leaving his boat, and what about the coms thing?! If a little water killed the coms SOF used, no one would have any coms! There was a lot of stuff like that in this season. They're getting a bit lazy it seems. Season 1 was solid, 2 is more 7/10 so far.
    I thought the same thing about the coms. Pretty sure you can buy waterproof gear at Walmart.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast