Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Ryan (Prime 2018)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just fished #6, his large nose is very distracting as his Dr friend's oval face.

What a waste.

OUT

EDIT: AMEN on the dark screen, friging lame
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 09-01-18 at 16:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Headlights and taillights.. I know they had to do it for TV, what are they going to show, a black screen? That was pretty weak.

I thought the two guys were going to go full homo on the dock for a minute.

What do you think about the guys playing the SF guys? Don't seem like your usual action movie extras.

Anyone else think Cathy is a little chunky?

This was made by Paramount, just like Yellowstone.
    Also, wasn't Cathy an eye surgeon in the original series?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Only finished 6 episodes.

Yeah there were some irregularities (. His chopper went down in the med, not out in a field somewhere. 2. Cathy is a brunette eye surgeon, not a blonde working in infectious diseases. 3. Jack never worked on Wall Street, and Cathy wasn't the daughter of the investor. 4) He is Marine LT, so he should know how to handle a gun). Didn't get time line till he met his future wife. So it is before Red October in a modern time.

Saw plenty of subtle PC'ism but not enough to turn off.

Show could be called "Tom Clancy's James Greer" as he appears to be the star after 6 episodes.
    Last edited by Renegade; 09-01-18 at 17:13.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I seem to recall “Garth” explaining how to operate a SiG P228 (or whatever) to Ryan in episode 2 or 3 and Ryan takes it, chambers a round, performs a chamber check, and then decocks it and “Garth” - somewhat flabbergasted - just responds by saying, “Yeah, like that.”

So at least as of episode 2/3, Jack seems to know his way around a SiG.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I seem to recall “Garth” explaining how to operate a SiG P228 (or whatever) to Ryan in episode 2 or 3 and Ryan takes it, chambers a round, performs a chamber check, and then decocks it and “Garth” - somewhat flabbergasted - just responds by saying, “Yeah, like that.”

So at least as of episode 2/3, Jack seems to know his way around a SiG.
    Yup, episode two. He actually hit the mag first to make sure it was seated too. Not bad. The worst parts of these things, to include 13 Hours, is always the super special guys like CAG, SAD, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Tonight I watched the first episode, and didn't like that they had him riding a pedal bike to work. It didn't fit the Ryan of the books for me.

I got about 10 minutes or so into the second one, which is when I find out in this abortion they made Greer a muslim. That was enough for me to turn it off.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Tonight I watched the first episode, and didn't like that they had him riding a pedal bike to work. It didn't fit the Ryan of the books for me.

I got about 10 minutes or so into the second one, which is when I find out in this abortion they made Greer a muslim. That was enough for me to turn it off.
    Did you watch the whole conversation or did you just turn it off as soon as that came out?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Done..

On the Greer Muslim thing, in the end I see it as that big of a thing.

I won't speak in specifics, but more in general- but still spoiler alerts.

Ryan reveals a bit more about what some might consider his "Boy Scout" tendencies and steps-up.

Ends well, sets up well for next season. I think I saw that it was 73% or RT, and I'd agree. No Homeland, better than almost all the Strike Back.

I thought the first few episodes were good on how Ryan got into the action. The reluctant hero or last resort in the right place at the worst of times. The end was a bit more forced, but still good.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 09-02-18 at 02:52.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Did you watch the whole conversation or did you just turn it off as soon as that came out?
    I watched long enough to hear Greer say he only converted to marry his soon to be ex wife. But it was a bit too much of the PC world. Besides we are still suffering in real life from a Muslim that used to head the CIA

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I’d concur as entertaining as Homeland for me. Garth may be Clark, he said he gives a different name every op. The Dr, her face has a Reubenesqe beauty about her maybe.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast