Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Jack Ryan (Prime 2018)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Thanks. I'm disappointed that they would cast Michael B. Jordan as Clark. I would have rather seen Idris Elba, Christian Bale, or Ben Foster play Clark.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    To update Clark from his VN vet to 1980s and 1990s dude,
    You need to be able to go from pre GWOT to fried over the hill still crushing it and DGAF.

I would switch from Navy to Army Combat diver,
    And make him a pushing 60 dude that was a cherry Ranger Bn infantryman in desert one, jumped into Grenada, jumped into panama, went to OTC, knocked out desert storm and Somalia, converted from 11 series to 18 series in the early 90s to finally make E8, hammered out some GWOT, retired after thirty years in mid 2000s, went SAD, aged out, still contracting for them, etc.

Maybe Vigho Mortensen type could pull it off.

I guess you could do a seal version, with first combat Grenada or panama.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    To update Clark from his VN vet to 1980s and 1990s dude,
    You need to be able to go from pre GWOT to fried over the hill still crushing it and DGAF.

I would switch from Navy to Army Combat diver,
    And make him a pushing 60 dude that was a cherry Ranger Bn infantryman in desert one, jumped into Grenada, jumped into panama, went to OTC, knocked out desert storm and Somalia, converted from 11 series to 18 series in the early 90s to finally make E8, hammered out some GWOT, retired after thirty years in mid 2000s, went SAD, aged out, still contracting for them, etc.

Maybe Vigho Mortensen type could pull it off.

I guess you could do a seal version, with first combat Grenada or panama.
    Can we get action heroes with out AARP cards?

If we are talking about "Without Remorse", he has to be pretty young, and while Virgo would be great to play an older Clark, if you are origin storying it, you need someone in younger. Jordan is 32, Tom Hardy was originally in the plans and he is 42.

You make him a pure GWOT guy, hell, we have almost 20 years into that. Make it drugs from A-stan coming instead of Vietnam. The POW thing would have to be re-worked, but saving and admirals son from behind the lines works out well again. Who wouldn't want to see some hood rats get de-presureized....

Just depends how much of a re-boot you want. Re-telling the books in their original time frames would be cool, but I think that they would update them to the now.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Finally watch season one, and season 2 EP 1 last night. Solid 8/10 show. So far so good.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Watched the first 2 episodes yesterday. Not bad at all.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Can we get action heroes with out AARP cards?

If we are talking about "Without Remorse", he has to be pretty young, and while Virgo would be great to play an older Clark, if you are origin storying it, you need someone in younger. Jordan is 32, Tom Hardy was originally in the plans and he is 42.

You make him a pure GWOT guy, hell, we have almost 20 years into that. Make it drugs from A-stan coming instead of Vietnam. The POW thing would have to be re-worked, but saving and admirals son from behind the lines works out well again. Who wouldn't want to see some hood rats get de-presureized....

Just depends how much of a re-boot you want. Re-telling the books in their original time frames would be cool, but I think that they would update them to the now.

I meant that should be current Clark. The older been everywhere done everything mentor guy can’t be young. Origin story should have a younger clone. In the 1980s a BTDT could be some one with a year in VN under their belt.

The bar for being a BTDT guy is very high these days. Guys in their 50s with decades of service under their belt and sometimes racked up Five to ten years or more in combat/under cover alone.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Watched the first 2 episodes yesterday. Not bad at all.
    We really liked it. Filling the void that Homeland has left, and it's much faster-paced.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Finished season 2; tons of frustrating decisions made...like why did the boat driver leave the boat...and then somehow totally gets redeemed by his team...and is all high speed low drag...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Finished season 2; tons of frustrating decisions made...like why did the boat driver leave the boat...and then somehow totally gets redeemed by his team...and is all high speed low drag...
    The SWCC guy, don't get me started. He would know his lane; he'd not leave "his" boat. If the booger-eaters were around he might move it up/downriver and the SAD team implement the PACE/E&E plan, but he would not leave the boat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    The SWCC guy, don't get me started. He would know his lane; he'd not leave "his" boat. If the booger-eaters were around he might move it up/downriver and the SAD team implement the PACE/E&E plan, but he would not leave the boat.
    Compound that with: a) falling asleep in the open, b) falling asleep without your weapon in close contact and attached to your person, c) allowing a child to acquire your weapon because of points a & b - and somehow this guy is supposed to be a top tier operator??? This guy wouldn't make it through AIT in the real military.

They definitely need to get some new writers.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast