Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star BM - Anyone have any experience with these?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Star BM - Anyone have any experience with these?

I finally just couldn't help myself and ordered one of these things from J&G Sales. I ordered it at 11:00AM today and got the shipping notification at 6:05PM.

So, as the title says, looking for anyone with any experience with these things.

I know they don't make them anymore, and that some parts are scarce. I also know about the firing pins. I almost bought a second one for parts, but didn't want to press my luck with the wife. She is skeptical that I actually bought it for her to shot when I shoot my 1911's.

Does anyone have a secret source for parts aside from SARCO and Numrich?

I will also need a holster, because every gun needs a holster, even if it is a safe queen plinker.

Thanks.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    In the 90's I owned several BM's and BKM's. They were usually cheap and ran well. They were never anything but plinkers for me but acquitted themselves well in that role and I would not have felt inadequately armed had they been for defense. I remember one that was nickel or chrome that I put mother of pearl grips on. That was my poor mans BBQ gun. Can't help with parts.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I bought one from AIM a few months back.
    Also grabbed. Few mags.
    All I’ve done is clean it up, knock out the mag safety, and shoot it.
    I don’t have any complaints.
    I’d like to get a new set of springs a new firing pin to freshen it up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Great minds think alike. I'd already found and copied that one.

Thanks to all.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have wanted a BM since 1990 or so when I got to shoot a friend's model B (I think).
    I just cannot see my way clear of buying one when spare parts are so difficult to find. If I owned one I would want to carry it everywhere I go and shoot the piss out of it.
    I am pretty sure the design is solid and wish a US company would manufacture them.

Andy

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    DO NOT DRY FIRE w/o snap caps. It isn't like a 1911 in that the FP is held in place by a pin and the rear sight!!!
    They are prone to breaking and a real joy to change out....IF you can find one!!other than that great little pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I just cannot see my way clear of buying one when spare parts are so difficult to find.
    That's why I was thinking about buying a second one for parts.

I cut, pasted and saved several links and articles including a couple of parts fabricators.

Between SARCO and Numrich you can get trigger bar, sear, extractor and some other pins, etc.

I got it as a project gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    An slternatve is a CZ compact. Same size lighter weight and 14 round mags.

I passed one beauty of a BM up several years ago. Too bad.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    An slternatve is a CZ compact. Same size lighter weight and 14 round mags.

I passed one beauty of a BM up several years ago. Too bad.
    I was considering one of these: http://www.jgsales.com/cz-75-compact...-p-101868.html

I just couldn't see $400.00 bucks - plus I've already reworked 2 surplus CZ's a 75 and an 85 and I don't think 3/4″ shorter length and 1/2" less height is that compact.

Although, in a couple months if they are still there......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast