Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I picked up my M17 yesterday

Feedback Score

I picked up my M17 yesterday

Just a 100 round trial.

At about 670$ out the door it is not the cheapest polymer offering out there. But it is optic ready and has night sights.

Small, sub optimal dots for shooting fast in my opinion. An excuse to grab a romeo1 I guess. Supposedly that combo offers cowitness.

The slide release/stop is not ideal to manipulate due to the safety. The safety I thought was small and would be an issue, but has not been.

Trigger, pointability, and grip are superior to me than an out of box Glock.
    (But all my Glocks are decades old)

Profile and bore axis are nearly identical to a 226.

Mags are not the least expensive compared to the competition.

I may get a TLR8 for it.

My primary several decades of use has been dedicated to the 19/17/26 and 92/92C type platforms.

I often get something else for use just for familiarization and fun.

This has lead to all three sizes of Cougars, XDMs, PX4s, probably the APX centurion and Compact if I ever see one in real life, Canis TP9s, 5096/6906, etc. etc.

As for the chassis, I could care less.

I am not intrigued or interested in this concept at all.

I have long ago found on ARs I am not going to swap uppers on a lower, I will just end up dedicating new lowers to the uppers.

Same with this or the APX. Why have another pistol setups I have to swap the chassis in? I will just get the other pistols.

Speaking of which, I would grab an M18 if they make a commercial version.

To be honest, I only took an interest in this gun because it is an issue version.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    My primary interest is that it's issued. I can see benefits vs what currently issued, but I don't see it as a game changer for the average purchaser. If I were just getting into pistols I could see myself grabbing an X-5 for the similar features to what I might be issued, and it'd be neat to carry and compete with the same platform I'm issued. I may end up grabbing one anyway, I try to keep a copy of what's issued in the safe to stay competent.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    My primary interest is that it's issued. I can see benefits vs what currently issued, but I don't see it as a game changer for the average purchaser. If I were just getting into pistols I could see myself grabbing an X-5 for the similar features to what I might be issued, and it'd be neat to carry and compete with the same platform I'm issued. I may end up grabbing one anyway, I try to keep a copy of what's issued in the safe to stay competent.

Which is why everybody wants to win the contracts. I agree Tkdp, I like the issued goods. I have a 1911, M9 , P320 and yes , not even Not a Glock guy but that gun screams buy me. Good luck with your new Glock. I saw Sig released the M17?? I think it was. The P320 with safety. Go big army!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I shot a P320 a while back and liked it. The extra weight compared to a Glock is nice.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Does it come with all size chasis's or do you have to pick the size that works for you?
    Winning may not be everything, but the endorsements are better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOWT View Post
    Does it come with all size chasis's or do you have to pick the size that works for you?
    I'm pretty sure that it comes as the full size.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Look up the model here:

https://www.sigsauer.com/products/fi.../pistols/p320/

It comes with the "carry" size grip module, which uses full size magazines but has the dust cover length matching a 3.9" or so barrel, and a full size slide (4.7" barrel) so the slide extends forward of the dust cover a bit. The grip circumference is medium. You would have the option to buy other frame sizes or grip sizes on a given frame size if you want to, but it only ships with that one grip module.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If you are referring to, "Small, Medium, Large" I believe that, just like the regular 320's, it comes with Medium. If you want/need the small or large size, you have to buy them separately.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    If you are referring to, "Small, Medium, Large" I believe that, just like the regular 320's, it comes with Medium. If you want/need the small or large size, you have to buy them separately.
    That is correct.

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine who works at the LGS picked one up. I shot it and my NIB G19X back-to-back on Wednesday night. I preferred the 19X trigger, and I shot the latter much better. I likely won't buy one. I gave my friend my DeltaPoint Pro to T&E because the M17 is milled for it out of the box. I'm now standardizing on RM06 for all my pistol red dots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast