View Poll Results: How is the Vortex, regardless of price? (Multi-choice/Public Voting!)

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • The glass is not related to the price, it's nearly as clear as S&B!

3 9.68%
  • The glass is what you'd expect from a $1000-1400 scope. "meh".

10 32.26%
  • The glass is "$2500 league", but the rest of the scope...meh

0 0%
  • The scope is as good in every way as those costing 2x as much!

19 61.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does the Vortex Razor HD2 (now -E) 1-6 "perform above its price"?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    there was no option in poll for "does exactly what I would expect at this price point." but that would be my answer.Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 8.40.45 PM.jpg

Chris
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I owned a 1-6 Razor HD for about 4 years. It doesn't gather light at dusk/twilight like my Kahles K16i does. Not even close. Aside from the weight penalty of the Razor, being able to make out targets at dusk and have a useable illumination of the dot are the two biggest cons of the Razor for me.
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    I owned a 1-6 Razor HD for about 4 years. It doesn't gather light at dusk/twilight like my Kahles K16i does. Not even close. Aside from the weight penalty of the Razor, being able to make out targets at dusk and have a useable illumination of the dot are the two biggest cons of the Razor for me.
    I don’t agree with you on the on any of your point except the weight. The illumination on the Razor is probably the brightest of any of the scopes i have used, own, or looked through. I do agree the Kahles is a great scope though.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    I own both and prefer the kahles k16i reticle, but the razor e 1-6 illumination is at least 2x as bright at max setting. Light gathering feels the same to me at dusk, and optical clarity/quality also feels similar.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Well it definitely performs above this price. Looks like Eurooptic is trying to dump their "heavy" Razors

This explains why I wasn’t able to sell a used on for the same price! Decided to pull it off the market though because I knew I’d regret selling. Even more so if i had to keep dropping the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJinPA View Post
    This explains why I wasn’t able to sell a used on for the same price! Decided to pull it off the market though because I knew I’d regret selling. Even more so if i had to keep dropping the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah distributors are selling the older models out at a discount (seen as low as $899.99) to make room for the -E model.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234