Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech issue

Feedback Score

Eotech issue

I have an Eotech EXPS2 and the reticle is dim when in the center of the glass. Everywhere else it is very bright. I also notice lines that look like microchip channels on the edges of the glass. Haven't seen this issue described on the Google. Anyone know what's up? It's out of warranty unfortunately as I've had it for 8 years. Back then it was only a 2 year warranty

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Usually when an Eotech begins to dim it's due to a loss of nitrogen. Warranty or not, Eotech usually fixes that problem for no charge...shipping only. I recently had an 8 year old OPMOD (Optics Planet version) which is an EXPS3 without night vision accommodation. I emailed Eotech about it and they promptly replied and offered to fix it for free. But Optics Planet replied shortly thereafter and agreed to replace it with a brand new unit (OPMOD has a lifetime warranty).

Feedback Score
    You are much appreciated. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had an Eotech I actually bought second hand that was dim, losing reticle around edges, and the buttons peeling off. Eotech fixed it free of charge no questions asked, put a new hood on it, and a new battery compartment. Great customer service. I still sold it when I got it back because of the issues it had.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I sent one in for the nitrogen issue before - they charged either $50 or $75 to fix it. So, I don't know that it gets fixed for free

Feedback Score
    So they gave me an RMA and I sent it in. They haven't asked for money yet

Feedback Score
    Just an update. Eotech sent me back my HWS with all the issues fixed. Even got a free C123 battery with it The only thing I had to pay for was shipping it to them.

Feedback Score
    Eotech gets a bad rep but people should just have an open mind...

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    had an eotech 512 that started to leak batteries. after I change the batts, it would only turn on sometimes. they really need to upgrade their tech. im not sure if the issue was batteries or circuitry. it also seems like their cs backs their products but their products never backs their brand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HMsailor View Post
    had an eotech 512 that started to leak batteries. after I change the batts, it would only turn on sometimes. they really need to upgrade their tech. im not sure if the issue was batteries or circuitry. it also seems like their cs backs their products but their products never backs their brand.
    Eotech recommends lithium AA instead of alkaline because lithium batteries don't leak. Can't blame the product when the issue is the battery?

There's probably corrosion caused by the acid, that means you either need to clean the battery contacts or replace the battery cap altogether.
    Last edited by mebiuspower; 10-02-18 at 08:35.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast