Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eotech issue

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    well the batteries were energizer industrial AA alkalines that came in the box. maybe eotech shouldnt supply alkalines if they recommend lithiums. i actually did clean the contacts but i think the acid made its way into the internal circuitry.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I wouldn't put alkalines in anything that expensive. Now that I think about it, how many $400+ items do we have in our homes that have alkalines? I can't think of anything. Most high end products have proprietary lithium. Many cameras, expensive remotes, smart phones, etc. I think the most expensive thing I have with alkalines is my gun safe.
    Last edited by Farmd0g; 10-02-18 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HMsailor View Post
    maybe eotech shouldnt supply alkalines if they recommend lithiums.
    I told them that and they said it's purely a cost issue. Either way, I think the manual does mention you should not leave alkalines in the optic for extended period of time.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    I told them that and they said it's purely a cost issue. Either way, I think the manual does mention you should not leave alkalines in the optic for extended period of time.
    if its really a cost issue, theyll same more if they just dont supply any battery at all but I get why they chose to put alkalines instead of lithiums.
    Last edited by HMsailor; 10-02-18 at 09:31.

Feedback Score
    Completely unrelated problem but I didn't think I needed to start a new thread.

My Eotech won't hold zero. Brand new out of the box. It's the second time that I've had this issue with Eotech products.

I bought the very first Eotech ever produced. It was in the late 90s and it was branded as Bushnell....but I think it was still made by Eotech although I could be wrong. I loved that sight. I put it on the first AR15 I owned. Mounted on the carry hadle.....I thought I was King Shit. People lined up to look through it. Fast forward to 2008. Yep...that first sight lasted around 10 years before it fried itself. I bought a 510. Couldn't sight it in. The reticle wouldn't budge. Thought I must have gotten a lemon and sent it back. Full refund. I don't live in a cave. I know about all the problems Eotech had with their government contracts and customers. If you have a product that might be flawed in certain conditions you need to tell people about it. But enough time has passed and I needed a new red dot for a 300 blackout pistol build. Same deal. New in the box and I cannot get it sighted. The bullet impact changes wildly from shot to shot so this one went back too. I am unlucky I guess

I pulled a Holosun HS506 off of my dedicated .22 AR. Please....no flames....I am not saying it's better than Eotech. But I've run the shit out of it for 4 months and love it. So much so that I bought a replacement for the .22. $200 instead of $538. I know, I know. I can't bet my life on it. It might shit the bed right as the Dems are walking up my sidewalk to collect my firearms. Then where would I be? 😁

I'm just saying that I think about it there are so many options out their right now for quality red dots that don't cost an arm and a leg. I really don't know how Eotech stays in business. Im not complaining about the company. They took care of me both times. Didn't cost me a dime. But two lemmons and I'm out.

Be safe.

Heavyweight

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    Completely unrelated problem but I didn't think I needed to start a new thread.

My Eotech won't hold zero. Brand new out of the box. It's the second time that I've had this issue with Eotech products.

I bought the very first Eotech ever produced. It was in the late 90s and it was branded as Bushnell....but I think it was still made by Eotech although I could be wrong. I loved that sight. I put it on the first AR15 I owned. Mounted on the carry hadle.....I thought I was King Shit. People lined up to look through it. Fast forward to 2008. Yep...that first sight lasted around 10 years before it fried itself. I bought a 510. Couldn't sight it in. The reticle wouldn't budge. Thought I must have gotten a lemon and sent it back. Full refund. I don't live in a cave. I know about all the problems Eotech had with their government contracts and customers. If you have a product that might be flawed in certain conditions you need to tell people about it. But enough time has passed and I needed a new red dot for a 300 blackout pistol build. Same deal. New in the box and I cannot get it sighted. The bullet impact changes wildly from shot to shot so this one went back too. I am unlucky I guess

I pulled a Holosun HS506 off of my dedicated .22 AR. Please....no flames....I am not saying it's better than Eotech. But I've run the shit out of it for 4 months and love it. So much so that I bought a replacement for the .22. $200 instead of $538. I know, I know. I can't bet my life on it. It might shit the bed right as the Dems are walking up my sidewalk to collect my firearms. Then where would I be?

I'm just saying that I think about it there are so many options out their right now for quality red dots that don't cost an arm and a leg. I really don't know how Eotech stays in business. Im not complaining about the company. They took care of me both times. Didn't cost me a dime. But two lemmons and I'm out.

Be safe.

Heavyweight
    Never heard of that. The reticle wouldn’t move when you were turning the windage and elevation knobs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I bought a made in September 2018 EXPS3-0 a few weeks ago and it shit the bed doing dry work before I even shot a round with it.

The first Eotech I bought was an SU231 and it didn't work out of the box either.

Eotech is junk of the junk. Buy Aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I bought a made in September 2018 EXPS3-0 a few weeks ago and it shit the bed doing dry work before I even shot a round with it.

The first Eotech I bought was an SU231 and it didn't work out of the box either.

Eotech is junk of the junk. Buy Aimpoint.
    What was wrong with it?

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    These Eotech threads never make sense to me as a quality engineer. When someone reports 100% out of box failure rate across different models and years, it would mean the product is statistically unmanufacturable. Since this isn’t the case, there must be other factors besides the quality or design of the product.

I’ve had two Eotech XPS and EXPS pre-recall and now one EXPS post recall. They’ve all held zero fine between range trips and 100+ deg car interiors. However, my life doesn’t depend on one and I’m not a professional gunfighter.
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 10-13-18 at 19:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Never heard of that. The reticle wouldn’t move when you were turning the windage and elevation knobs?

I just mean I couldn't adjust it to point of impact. It was as if the windage and elevation controls where not even engaging.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast