Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eotech issue

Feedback Score
    I couldn't believe it either man! I felt like I need to stay out of the rain for a while too for fear of getting hit by lightning.

Everyone else I know seems to swear by Eotech. Now I'm thinking about buying the new Aimpoint CompM5.

Be safe guys.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    I totally agree with you. It just sucks seeing an American made product's reputation go down. Someone needs to buy the brand off L3 and overhaul the entire QC/QA and hire a new set of qualified engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I bought a made in September 2018 EXPS3-0 a few weeks ago and it shit the bed doing dry work before I even shot a round with it.

The first Eotech I bought was an SU231 and it didn't work out of the box either.

Eotech is junk of the junk. Buy Aimpoint.
    Last edited by HMsailor; 10-13-18 at 20:39.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    What surprises me is that L3 is actually a very good company as far as I can tell. They make a ton of those stuff in the IR/NVG realm and I’ve never heard of issues with any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Did you guys see earlier this year that the US Special Operation Command is giving Eotech a second chance? I think it's a $23M contract. So maybe they cleaned up their act. It's a product I want to like so bad. Kinda like the Mini 14. I wanted to like that rifle so much that I convinced myself everything I had read was biased. Man was I ever wrong!

Heavyweight

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    Did you guys see earlier this year that the US Special Operation Command is giving Eotech a second chance? I think it's a $23M contract. So maybe they cleaned up their act. It's a product I want to like so bad. Kinda like the Mini 14. I wanted to like that rifle so much that I convinced myself everything I had read was biased. Man was I ever wrong!

Heavyweight
    No they haven't. The issues with Eotech sights are still very much there and uncorrected.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    No they haven't. The issues with Eotech sights are still very much there and uncorrected.
    Which are?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    They just did a company merger with Harris Communications which makes tactical radios for the DoD and satellites for Nasa. The new company is going to be L3-Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What surprises me is that L3 is actually a very good company as far as I can tell. They make a ton of those stuff in the IR/NVG realm and I’ve never heard of issues with any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HMsailor; 10-14-18 at 15:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HMsailor View Post
    I totally agree with you. It just sucks seeing an American made product's reputation go down. Someone needs to buy the brand off L3 and overhaul the entire QC/QA and hire a new set of qualified engineers.
    When your quality sucks, "overhauling the entire QC/QA" is the last thing you need to do.

Quality comes from excellence in R&D/design engineering, excellence in manufacturing engineering, excellence in materials sourcing, and excellence in manufacturing operations.

You can have the best quality assurance organization in the world and your products will still suck if the functions that actually add value to the product are substandard.

On the subject matter at hand, I went shopping for a reflex/holo sight to replace my old Aimpoint CompC and one of the EOTechs I looked at (XPS2 IIRC) had a distorted reticle right out of the box. Come on......WTF. Of all the ones I looked at within my budget the Trijicon MRO impressed me the most but the only dealer with local stock was too proud of them so I ended up back at Aimpoint with a new PRO.

If I was to buy a holographic sight the Vortex UH-1 would be it.
    Last edited by Don Quijote; 10-14-18 at 16:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I must be a lucky guy. I can't say enough great things about my EXPS3. My T-2 has been in the backseat ever since I bought the EOTech.

I wonder if some of the haters are "embellishing" a little. After all, it's the Internet.

I also have to wonder about the source. I bought mine from Brownells. Came hot off the assembly line complete with a Panasonic lithium battery. I don't treat my weapons as if they are made of glass and have had none of the problems I read about here. Even the other forum, on a whole, have great things to say about EOTech. This site loves their Aimpoints.

I've said it a few times before an I'll say it again, if i had to sell one or the other, you will find the Aimpoint on EE.
    Last edited by Butch; 10-14-18 at 18:24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    http://soldiersystems.net/2018/09/29...eotech-sights/

They absolutely have gone back to Eotech.

I'm not a hater at all. I bought 3 holographic sites from Eotech over 20 years. One was awesome and the other two were defective on arrival. I'm just saying there seems to be a lot of choices now in the $500 to $800 range including other true holographic sites. I just don't think the Eotech is as rugged as other sites.

Be safe

Heavyweight

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast