View Poll Results: Which LPVO would you choose in the $2000 range?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kahles K16i

15 71.43%
  • Nightforce NX8

5 23.81%
  • Other (please specify)

1 4.76%

Thread: Kahles K16i vs. Nightforce NX8

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Kahles K16i vs. Nightforce NX8

I'm getting ready to drop the hammer on a LPVO and have narrowed my choices to the Kahles K16i and Nightforce NX8. I am primarily looking for something that is light weight with a small footprint with a price tag in the $2000 neighborhood. I'd like to hear from people that have had both, which they would choose and why.

It will be going on a 16" LW carbine that I want to keep LW and fast handling, it would be a "go-to-gun" for training/SD rather than a toy or precision weapon. As I mentioned above light weight with a small footprint is what I'm after, but quality of glass is just as important maybe even more, so a couple more ounces and an inch or two inches isn't a deal breaker. It's not that I'm only considering those two, those are just the two I've narrowed down to in my research that fit the criteria. I have considered the ATACR 1-8 but for this exercise the two grand neighborhood is where I'll be staying (at least for now), I'll end up with a ATACR too but it'll probably be a 2.5x10x42 and will be above a different rifle with a separate purpose.

I started this quest about a year ago, had pretty much settled on the Kahles K16i and have been saving my nickles toward that end, in the meantime Nightforce throws a monkey in the wrench and releases their 1-8's so naturally I have to take a look. The NXS with it's smaller footprint, weight and price tag along with an additional 2x caught my eye. That is the reason for these specific choices. I hope that clears my goal and reasoning up.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 09-01-18 at 16:36.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!